OP
TrishK

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome to hear!
Try feeding it angel formula, mine loves it and it contains sponge which is important for their nutritional needs.
Nori is also a favorite :)
Yes, their banner grows like weed. Mine routinely loses a part of it and it grows back just as fast.

You lucked out in getting this decision made FOR you

Thanks!!
Yes I do feed the Angel formula too as I have angels and butterflies in another tank so I just throws cubes into the big Storing food cups I mix up beforehand. As for the nori I have to replace it twice a day, 3 pvcs full of it lol He eats and eats and eats. Just hope he continues to leave my coral alone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TrishK

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome to hear!
Try feeding it angel formula, mine loves it and it contains sponge which is important for their nutritional needs.
Nori is also a favorite :)
Yes, their banner grows like weed. Mine routinely loses a part of it and it grows back just as fast.

You lucked out in getting this decision made FOR you

Oh we also have lots of pineapple sponge but I never see him eat it. Do they not like it as much?

OP
OP
TrishK

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't blame him. I'd rather eat Nori than a sponge, too.

Well I think I probably would to LOL but sponge is what they apparently eat a lot of in the wild and is very healthy for them. Just didn’t know if pineapple sponge was not as good to them as other types of sponge

OP
OP
TrishK

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking back on my post from last year and how little my Idol was when we got him (Gil). He’s huge now and still thriving. I think the immune booster I put in their food has a lot to do with it My Dory is pretty big and was way bigger than him when we got him but look at the size difference now! Glad he was sent to us by mistake and glad he’s made it almost a year now

4ECEDD46-E7F2-4131-AD64-34404BF0AFDB.jpeg FBF7F14C-797D-425E-BBA0-74CDA352DCB8.jpeg

Jgut3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a really cool story. I loved it. Glad to see he’s doing well to this day.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back