Washer drain box?

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used one of these for water changes? I want to drain to basement and be able to pump back up.
1479864970500.jpg

coralosity351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good idea actually. Only thing I see to change at the moment would be pvc fitting obviously. Gonna keep an eye on this post and see what comes out of it

MikeyinTX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a basement, but was thinking of running a line through the wall into the garage, just wasn't sure how to get a clean look. Problem solved!

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used one several times with no issues. Lol washing machine drain, waste water drain, water change drain... it's a drain of all trades! :)

OP
OP
Matt Miller

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its going to be in my front room so I wanted something clean, hopefully I can get it all plumbed so I can get the return right too. Getting empty tank Saturday so hopefully I can get this in before that.
I'm almost never in my basement and already feel like I'm in over my head planning my first lol.

cbear44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find these boxes cheaper without the plumbing fittings in it. That's what I used for my drains down to my basement sump. It comes with cutouts for 2 holes that fit 1" PVC very easily. I cut mine so I can run 4 1" flex PVC lines in it (1 return and 3 drain lines). I got mine at Menards.

MikeyinTX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find these boxes cheaper without the plumbing fittings in it. That's what I used for my drains down to my basement sump. It comes with cutouts for 2 holes that fit 1" PVC very easily. I cut mine so I can run 4 1" flex PVC lines in it (1 return and 3 drain lines). I got mine at Menards.

Why 3 drain lines?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back