waste away by dr. tims

Kryptonian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, unless starting with a very dirty tank, start with a half dose and buildup to a full dose over a couple weeks. Turn off UV and skimmer for 12-24 hours each dose unless water gets cloudy, then get skimmer back on.

I'm using to fight dinos right now and dosing about once every three days to get them under control. Started fighting em about two weeks ago.

OP
OP
sbazain

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, unless starting with a very dirty tank, start with a half dose and buildup to a full dose over a couple weeks. Turn off UV and skimmer for 12-24 hours each dose unless water gets cloudy, then get skimmer back on.

I'm using to fight dinos right now and dosing about once every three days to get them under control. Started fighting em about two weeks ago.

same here did a massive clean up for three days and now started waist away 75ml to start is a150 gl tank

Taiko713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried Dr. Tim's Waste Away and it didn't work for me. I followed the directions and started with a lower dose, then followed by a slightly larger dose until I was finally able to do a full dose. Turned the skimmer of as instructed, even reduced some of the feedings and the times on the T5s. Within a week and a half, the cyano more than doubled in my tank.

I went into this treatment with high hopes and with a desire for it work, despite what my friends and LFS said, but it didn't. I went back to ChemiClean, which I used about a year ago, and it seems to be working fine. IMMEDIATELY I could see the difference and the change.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried Dr. Tim's Waste Away and it didn't work for me. I followed the directions and started with a lower dose, then followed by a slightly larger dose until I was finally able to do a full dose. Turned the skimmer of as instructed, even reduced some of the feedings and the times on the T5s. Within a week and a half, the cyano more than doubled in my tank.

I went into this treatment with high hopes and with a desire for it work, despite what my friends and LFS said, but it didn't. I went back to ChemiClean, which I used about a year ago, and it seems to be working fine. IMMEDIATELY I could see the difference and the change.

chemiclean is an antibiotic (erythromycin), and as such, it does kill cyano like all erythromycin products.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back