• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Watch out before buying or selling

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there any way reef to reef can set up a number of sales and a rating system similar to eBay with feed back or would that be too costly or not possible??
I know it's in the works. Not sure how soon it'll be ready though

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That’s great . I know good things sometimes take time, HEY!! Just like cycling a reef tank lol!!!!

UnrealReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a new member and I wanted to make a WTB post but its saying I have to wait 30 days?
Is that correct?
Is there a way to be approved to make a WTB Frag tanks in Florida post? I have no interest in selling anything through the forum now or in the future, but I would like to make a post looking for Frag tanks. I was definitely hoping to have already found a few and have them set up way before 30 days.
Thanks

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You have to wait 30 days and make 25 useful posts, to help make sure you aren't a scammer.

In the meantime, you can look through the listings that are already up, and you could have a look at Craigslist.

UnrealReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to wait 30 days and make 25 useful posts, to help make sure you aren't a scammer.

In the meantime, you can look through the listings that are already up, and you could have a look at Craigslist.
Looked at CL, Offerup, and FB Marketplace and I am just not finding anything and I have scoured the posts here at R2R. Just coming up empty everywhere.
I ordered 4 frag tanks from Advanced Acrylics then find out the wait is 6 weeks but I need something sooner

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am an active member and supporter. I don't understand why I can't post my lights for sale on here. I'm just trying to help someone that needs a cheaper alternative to their lighting as I did when I first started in the reefing hobby. Can you explain what I need to do please.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am an active member and supporter. I don't understand why I can't post my lights for sale on here. I'm just trying to help someone that needs a cheaper alternative to their lighting as I did when I first started in the reefing hobby. Can you explain what I need to do please.
Hi! In the selling forum, you should see a "post a new ad" button near the top of the forum. That's for you place an ad (which creates both the ad and the thread for you). Let me know if that doesn't work for some reason.

Tiki_Reef

My daily driver is a nano.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, I have someone on here that I came to agreement with I am the seller and he wants me to send the items before payment, I don't feel comfortable doing that since the items are being paid for with goods and services and he will have protection over the sale which I have no issues with obviously it's a rule on R2R. I just don't feel comfortable because if I send the stuff without payment the only thing I have to back me up is a conversation.

Tiki_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, I'd never fall for that one.
Yeah I just don't understand why he would want me to wait to pay me when he is using goods and services. He seems genuine but I do not trust anyone I have been burned as a seller before on another forum. I honestly wouldn't mind if R2R made that a rule too just putting that out there.

Tiki_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I just don't understand why he would want me to wait to pay me when he is using goods and services. He seems genuine but I do not trust anyone I have been burned as a seller before on another forum. I honestly wouldn't mind if R2R made that a rule too just putting that out there. I would love to hear from a moderator on this situation.

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. No reason for it to be a rule. To me it would be common sense. As the buyer is the one that is mostly protected in this matter. If they don't like their items then they either work with the seller or file a claim with paypal then they are taken care of. As a seller if you send first then there is no reason for them to help because they didn't get their fee. Just my opinion.

Tiki_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. No reason for it to be a rule. To me it would be common sense. As the buyer is the one that is mostly protected in this matter. If they don't like their items then they either work with the seller or file a claim with paypal then they are taken care of. As a seller if you send first then there is no reason for them to help because they didn't get their fee. Just my opinion.
I agree so I just told the buyer since he is using G&S via PayPal he is protected and I would gladly go forward with the deal when he pays. Thanks for help.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes. Never send goods where payment hasn't been made.