Watchman Goby and Pistol Shrimp Owners

Nate1632

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the "pop" sound these guys make noticeable as in if the tank is near your bed would it keep you up at night? Just wondering as I would really like a pair.

rockhead51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the "pop" sound these guys make noticeable as in if the tank is near your bed would it keep you up at night? Just wondering as I would really like a pair.
Fwiw, mine has never done that. Maybe some little "clicks" but I can't tell if it is the shrimp or one of my snails in the glass (my Trochuses sometimes get on the glass and shake/twist back and forth).

alshayazoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Blue Spot Watchman with my tiger pistol shrimp. They are fun to watch. The pistol shrimp burrowed under the rocks and they now have 3 or 4 entrance/exits that they rotate through. The pistol shrimp can move a lot of sand. Make sure your rocks are well anchored. These guys are so fun to watch.
73248a67452b38fc457cd9c941e9abb4.jpg

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mated pair of shrimp living with my watchman. They make tunnels the length of my 6' tank and in time push the coral structure all over the place as the tunnels collapse. But I love them and they can do whatever they like. I have them a few years.

The two shrimp are here, the female is in back of the male.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The coolest relationship in the tank! Absolutely recommend them! Tiger pistols pair the easiest. Imo

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back