Watchman/Pistol Shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter 412Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

412Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2026
Messages
47
Reaction score
11
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I have a 90 gallon and wanted to add a pistol/watchman combo. Down the road I would like to start a nano. Do you think I should wait to do the nano tank before adding the watchman/pistol combo? I read that they can get lost in huge tanks. I was thinking of just doing a diamond in the 90 gallon. I want to be able to really enjoy the watchman/pistol crew and the risk of them getting “lost” in the 90 gallon is a bit of a turn off
 
I have a 60~ gallon display and there’s no way mine are getting lost ; an extra large wheelers shrimp goby and female finestripe pistol; they literally use the entire tank. I purchased some coral rubble, washed it and tossed it in, and instead of helping them settle, it just gave the shrimp ability to make better caves, further out from the rocks, and now they pop out in multiple places all day every day. Probably the busiest creatures in my tank and the first thing people notice; the shrimp is always out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new