OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Luckily I’m in the construction field so I’m going to chat w/our plumber when I see him.

I really like the idea of adding a drain in the wall or behind the tank. My biggest concern of backflowing into the sump will be resolved with not connecting the sump overflow to the sewer line, I’ll just place the overflow over the drain so a clogged sewer would overflow in my foyer. I like the idea of adding a gate valve to open the sewer line so at least I’ll have some control of sewer overflow.

this is the idea I’ll talk w/our plumber about, if it checks out good, I’ll likely go down this route!

great ideas and suggestions on the thread, ty!

Fichmiester

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about setting up a AWC system in the garage?
Currently trying to plan this for my garage...any ideas on build modules/ equipment lists?

I don't have a controller yet, and have no problem buying/building one...but I'm not trying to drop $800 on a neptune unless it's an overwhelming sentiment that I should...

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently trying to plan this for my garage...any ideas on build modules/ equipment lists?

I don't have a controller yet, and have no problem buying/building one...but I'm not trying to drop $800 on a neptune unless it's an overwhelming sentiment that I should...
I'm still looking to various options as well. I have a Neptune setup, so that gives me some options with the DOS.

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If attaching a small AWC drain line to your plumbing, just install a T, vertical pipe, with an air gap at the top like what is required for a water softener. That way poo could never back flow into the aquarium tubing. Or yeah, p trap and a ball valve for extra security if using pvc all the way. Just make sure it slopes quite a bit after the p trap. That’s my reasoning anyways. *not a licensed plumber* haha

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back