water changes with TRITON PURE 2.0 salt...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

silvestrob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here my test results:
https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/aquarium/auswertung-b/icp-oes/29002/

High levels of Tin have been found in my system and I'm suggested to make water changes with Pure 2.0 but here in italy It seems that this Triton product has not been make available yet. Can I make water changes with Tropic Marine as suggested for reduce hight level of magnesium?

how can I soleve P/PO4 issues? in the 2 past tests ( october 2016) P and PO4 are below setpoint
thanks

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here my test results:

High levels of Tin have been found in my system and I'm suggested to make water changes with Pure 2.0 but here in italy It seems that this Triton product has not been make available yet. Can I make water changes with Tropic Marine as suggested for reduce hight level of magnesium?

how can I soleve P/PO4 issues? in the 2 past tests ( october 2016) P and PO4 are below setpoint
thanks

Yes you can use TMPro, low P/PO4 can be resolved by either reducing PO4 media amounts if used or increasing feeding..

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are all the target parameters for a full Triton system? I know ALK is 8 DKH. What about all the other parameters?

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my results from the ICP TRITON TEST. Tiny bit of deficiency of calcium, a small amount of detected deficiency of potassium and deficiency of iodine, other than that everything is with in range...If you have a Mixed Reef system, this test is HIGHLY recommended.

https://www.triton-lab.de/showroom/aquarium/auswertung-b/icp-oes/44799/

TANK INFO: 120 MIXED REEF

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here my test results:

thanks

@silvestrob - WOW, your PO4 is off the charts MATE - do you run any GFO or ROWPHOS in a reactor by chance?

Anyhow, I am currently running FRITZ RPM Pro reef salt, and there have been no complaints except for the residue it's been leaving in my saltwater mixing station. So, first I am switching over to the TRITON CORE 7 base additives and changing my salt to RED SEA REEF PRO and see how that works out since that salt is more for a mixed reef tank then the fritz RPM PRO.

tank info: 120 mixed reef

Fulltnkshot.JPG

Last edited:

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@silvestrob - WOW, your PO4 is off the charts MATE - do you run any GFO or ROWPHOS in a reactor by chance?

Anyhow, I am currently running FRITZ RPM Pro reef salt, and there have been no complaints except for the residue it's been leaving in my saltwater mixing station. So, first I am switching over to the TRITON CORE 7 base additives and changing my salt to RED SEA REEF PRO and see how that works out since that salt is more for a mixed reef tank then the fritz RPM PRO.

tank info: 120 mixed reef

Fulltnkshot.JPG
RedSea Reef Pro is not suitable for use with the Triton Method, the parameters are too high, RedSea standard blue bucket salt is more suitable.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back