Water clarity

Smcevoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me with the haziness in my water? All parameters are perfect socks are clean and diatom blooms have passed twice. The tank has been up for 6-7 weeks have 7 fish and a few corals. The haziness seems to be whitish in color And I feel like I can see the particles when I look close. Tank was setup with dry rock. Thanks in advance.

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running any kind of filters? It could also be a bacteria bloom. What are your parameters? How large is your tank? What fish do you have

OP
OP
Smcevoy

Smcevoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running any kind of filters? It could also be a bacteria bloom. What are your parameters? How large is your tank? What fish do you have
60 gallon, filter socks, carbon reactor, ph 8, alk 11, cal 440, mag 1360, temp 79.
fish: 2 clowns, blue tang, Kole tang, royal gamma, 3 green cromis
7 small frags
its been like this for the last couple weeks, last week had a diatom bloom pretty bad but that’s pretty well gone

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it's not a bacterial bloom? Two tangs in a pretty new 60 gallon tank (plus the five other fish) could easily cause a bacterial bloom. It could be something else, but I would investigate this possibility first.

OP
OP
Smcevoy

Smcevoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it's not a bacterial bloom? Two tangs in a pretty new 60 gallon tank (plus the five other fish) could easily cause a bacterial bloom. It could be something else, but I would investigate this possibility first.
What would the tangs have to do with it specificall? Also is there anyway to address the bacterial bloom?

OP
OP
Smcevoy

Smcevoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60 gallon, filter socks, carbon reactor, ph 8, alk 11, cal 440, mag 1360, temp 79.
fish: 2 clowns, blue tang, Kole tang, royal gamma, 3 green cromis
7 small frags
its been like this for the last couple weeks, last week had a diatom bloom pretty bad but that’s pretty well gone
Also need to add Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10-15

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not do you have any recommendations and reason for using them? Sorry about the questions but just trying to learn more
Right now you most likely have a bacteria bloom due to over stocking. No you definitely don’t need to dose anything if the water is hazy at this point. Have you done any water changes? If so how large and often?

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m willing to bet it’s a bacteria bloom from
overstocking the tank. Do you have someone that can keep a tang or both for a little while to see if your tank clears up?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back