Water fill problems on IM 20 gal peninsula

oldmansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a difficult time getting the water level right in my Nuvo 20 gallon Peninsula. The Pump chamber will not fill unless there is excess water in the display area, which renders the filter useless, because the water level in the tank is almost as high as the top of the return. When I reduce the water level in the display area to the bottom of the return, the pump chamber empties. In chamber one, is a intank media basket, Chamber 2, nothing, Chamber 3 (pump chamber) pump, heater. Pump is a 365 Mighty jet and I tried running the pump at low flow and high flow with no change. Any help will be appreciated

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a difficult time getting the water level right in my Nuvo 20 gallon Peninsula. The Pump chamber will not fill unless there is excess water in the display area, which renders the filter useless, because the water level in the tank is almost as high as the top of the return. When I reduce the water level in the display area to the bottom of the return, the pump chamber empties. In chamber one, is a intank media basket, Chamber 2, nothing, Chamber 3 (pump chamber) pump, heater. Pump is a 365 Mighty jet and I tried running the pump at low flow and high flow with no change. Any help will be appreciated

Good morning!

I think pictures would make it easier for people to offer feedback/suggestions! Any pics of your setup explaining the problem?

Cheers!

ua hua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not quite sure what you are saying about the water level in the tank being below the return but it shouldn’t be below the return. Mine is right above the return line and a couple inches from the top of the chamber in the return chamber. Here is a picture of the level inside of the tank. I hope this helps if not post some pictures about what your talking about.

ED58B98D-95D7-4109-9AC7-C39FBC05E440.jpeg 7E631C0B-4541-49EC-AB7B-93299348E056.jpeg

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the exact same set up as you. Mine runs great on all speeds of the mighty jet pump with the water level at mid way on the overflow slots as long as the media basket isn't packed full with to much "stuff". In the top rack of the media basket I have the fluffy filter floss that IM sells (the 4 cotton ball looking things) and 1 bag of carbon (on each) on 2nd and 3rd rack. With the tank full of coral I'm mostly on the lowest setting of the pump all the time. I even have IM's UV sterilizer(9 watt) I use in the 1st chamber at night(to kill any Dinos). Now that has to be adjusted just perfect so the water runs through it(not over it) while at the same time if it's to high the pump drains the 3rd chamber.

OP
OP
oldmansreef

oldmansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, it was me. I tried to cram to much Matrix in the bottom of my media basket that blocked the flow to the pump camber. Once I removed some of the Matrix, flow came back, chambers are where their supposed to be. Really appreciate the help

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 166 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back