Water filtration

DustinPavlick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife bought a Pristine Hydro water filtration system (not cheap) I believe it enhances the water with minerals along with top of the line water filtration. Can I use this water for my reef tank with fish and coral Thanks for any advice

IMG_1626.jpg

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like there's some water softening (adding minerals back in after filtering) after the last stage looking at their website. That's not recommended, the RO/DI portion maybe sufficient (and tap off for your saltwater/topoff) before the "softening". Not the clearest website to understand...unusually heavy in pseudoscience marketing lingo. At it's heart, looks like standard RO/DI unit with re-mineralization (common as RO/DI tastes metallic without it). Proprietary will mean a bit more money, of course. Best course of action would be to have the water tested (ICP or similar testing might be sufficient). As I stated you can tap off after the RO/DI and test that for you or finally you could route after the RO portion and then have that feed into a DI unit (2 or 3 stage) for your tank. That way you can go with bulk resin and save some bucks.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 175 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back