Water Flow For 85 Gallon Flat Back Hex

  • Thread starter Thread starter jackers
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jackers

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2012
Messages
319
Reaction score
1
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I know how much water flow is too much? I have a tank that is primarily zoas, and low/medium flow corals like chalices, leptos, acans, and favias. Right now I am running two Korilia 4's (old style that can't be hooked up to a variable speed timer or anything) and a Blueline Velocity T1 Pump.

My tank has the overflow box on the inside, back center of the tank. The return line is split in two, facing outward. My Korilia 4's face towards the center of the tank.

I'd like to add some more flow since I have some dead spots in the back corners, and I'd really like to get some controllable powerheads to get some random flow.

Since I am not going with SPS or high flow corals, I think MP40's might be over-kill. Any recommendations on other pumps and controllers? If it helps, I run an Apex Lite.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new