Water flow/ powerhead placements

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall I have a 8ft 260g tank and was wondering if it would work to place 3 big wave makers on one side of the tank? The returns are in the middle that I can aim to help flow get to the other side. I have 2 up a
Now and water flows over there nice, steady, and gentle. Any thoughts? Only one in this pic I have 2 with thoughts of a third as well
20210506_225451.jpg

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall I have a 8ft 260g tank and was wondering if it would work to place 3 big wave makers on one side of the tank? The returns are in the middle that I can aim to help flow get to the other side. I have 2 up a
Now and water flows over there nice, steady, and gentle. Any thoughts? Only one in this pic I have 2 with thoughts of a third as well
20210506_225451.jpg
Yea, I think that would work.m just fine. Why just one side?

OP
OP
Arthacker87

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I think that would work.m just fine. Why just one side?
Just because you can see through the right side when you in the room and not the left, so I'm trying to put the equipment on that side for clean views. Also thought the euphyllia garden on the lower flow side would look pretty sweet. Also not 100% how rockwork will be but definitely more open than that. So flow should be even better hopefully

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just because you can see through the right side when you in the room and not the left, so I'm trying to put the equipment on that side for clean views. Also thought the euphyllia garden on the lower flow side would look pretty sweet. Also not 100% how rockwork will be but definitely more open than that. So flow should be even better hopefully
In that case I think your on the right track.

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can work but that's a really long tank. You'll need very large powerheads.

I think flow is the absolute hardest thing to get right in a reef tank. Much moreso than lighting or water parameters.

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think flow is the absolute hardest thing to get right in a reef tank. Much moreso than lighting or water parameters.
True. It may be wise to place a powerful powerhead at one side and then a calmer one for the euphallyia garden.

OP
OP
Arthacker87

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They some big sobs lol yea I get it. Gonna have to do the ol give it a shot

Back