Water flow!

  • Thread starter Thread starter alexnyc22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alexnyc22

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2014
Messages
208
Reaction score
38
Location
Port Saint Lucie, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 koralias in my tank right now and I don't feel like I'm getting enough flow. I have an Apex on my set up and was thinking of getting a Jebao controller and upgrading to 2 RW-8's or maybe saving up and getting a gyre but I'm torn. I could also wait and get the apex WAV but I'm trying to save money. Anyone's input would be great. I need flow haha
 
Well if you have a 6g tank that would be tons of flow. If you had a 400g tank with fish and a good return pump that might be fine. But since we have no idea of the size of your tank, what you want to keep, what kind of aquascaping theres not much help anyone can give.

Dave B
 
I'm sorry... It's a 90 gallon!
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1422451558.538303.jpg
 
If you could, I would go with the gyre. The flow from them is awesome.
 
Does anyone know how much control you have over the jebaos when plugged into an apex? I think I'm going to go with the rw-8's but I want to make sure I can control them
 
I have one 90 with a gyre and another 90 with 2 rw15's. The gyre is not too much flow it can be adjusted i have mine on 50% constant
 
I actually like both the gyre pretty much can let you run one water pump and get flow through the tank. Most others need at least 2 or more. The gyre is pretty low profile and not so visible as most power heads
 
The gyre is also not as focused of a stream very wide flow pattern strong but not blasting
 
But also $100 more then 2 RW-8's and the apex/jebao connector and has no controllability with the apex...
 
I dont use the apex with my jebao pumps just use their controller just as easy. I also dont use feed mode my fish dont like feed mode they prefer to chase their food. Corals are doing great to. Spot feed the ones that need it
 
Makes sense... I bought the apex with that in mind though, control... I want to be able to control the tank as much as possible.
 
The wave pattern with the jebao pumps is nice they both have their advantages and such. Saw a write up on one tank where the water level in tank was high enough they put the gyre on the bottom of the center brace. Cool idea
 
I use my apex to control everything else. Maybe they will work on programming in the apex hookup to make them work better.
 
CoralVue has already announced Apex compatibility this summer.
 
I have 2 jebao Wp 25s in a 65 with the apex adapter from fish street and the programming is awesome a little difficult at first but I now have a calm night mode, a interchanging stream mode back and forth, and a random surge with a million options available. When feed mode comes on they turn off for 5 minutes then turn back on while the returns stay off for an hour and pick up any left over food from the floor. Sorry for the long post.
 
I have 2 jebao Wp 25s in a 65 with the apex adapter from fish street and the programming is awesome a little difficult at first but I now have a calm night mode, a interchanging stream mode back and forth, and a random surge with a million options available. When feed mode comes on they turn off for 5 minutes then turn back on while the returns stay off for an hour and pick up any left over food from the floor. Sorry for the long post.

No that's great thanks... I need to get on it because my koralias aren't cutting it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new