Water flow

gemkam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, We are new to the reef world and were just curious how much is good flow? I have a 46 gallon bow front with a current USA light with loop. I have two current USA 669 gph pumps running now at 100% flow. I had one big double head in the tank first and it seemed to strong and I then invested in these two pumps and the fish seem to be very happy, much more active then before. Are just these two pumps good enough?? looking for a friend. thank you

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, We are new to the reef world and were just curious how much is good flow? I have a 46 gallon bow front with a current USA light with loop. I have two current USA 669 gph pumps running now at 100% flow. I had one big double head in the tank first and it seemed to strong and I then invested in these two pumps and the fish seem to be very happy, much more active then before. Are just these two pumps good enough?? looking for a friend. thank you
You are generally aiming for 20-50 times turnover for anything but sps. So if you are growing lps or softies you should be fine. But sps you’re gonna need higher

OP
OP
gemkam

gemkam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are generally aiming for 20-50 times turnover for anything but sps. So if you are growing lps or softies you should be fine. But sps you’re gonna need higher
Thank you

OP
OP
gemkam

gemkam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeppers! Happy to help! Also it says you’re a new member so WELCOME TO R2R!
Thank you so much I am new to Marine Aquariums so I might come off a little naïve but so am trying my best thanks to you all.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back