Water for new setup

Kruegs35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a 90 gallon setup soon when I move into my new house. I was hoping to get it up and running as soon as I get the tank, because there will be live rock and I would like to limit the amount of death. Im trying to be proactive and get a RODI system, but it is difficult to figure out everything when I'm not even in the house. I will be on well water and I dont believe the pressure is great. The only other option I can think of is to get water from the LFS, but 90 gallons is a lot of buckets and/or trips. Anyone else initially fill their large tank from the LFS?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a 90 gallon setup soon when I move into my new house. I was hoping to get it up and running as soon as I get the tank, because there will be live rock and I would like to limit the amount of death. Im trying to be proactive and get a RODI system, but it is difficult to figure out everything when I'm not even in the house. I will be on well water and I dont believe the pressure is great. The only other option I can think of is to get water from the LFS, but 90 gallons is a lot of buckets and/or trips. Anyone else initially fill their large tank from the LFS?

Before I bought a good RO/DI unit, I would use my LFS RD/DI pre-salt mixed saltwater.

Don't fire it up with your well water or any tap water.

Have your well water tested and buy the RO/DI unit that fills your needs.

You can buy a booster pump too.

Have ran this RO/DI with built in booster pump for years

But you may need to add more stages with well water.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 77.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.7%
Back