water mixing station DIY question

jhadaway

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2021
Messages
751
Reaction score
545
Location
Pasadena, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have built a stand for a 55 gallon brute mixing station. One brute is on a rack above the other. My original idea was to plumb a valve on the bottom of the top brute with a bulkhead to empty into the brute below. So a mix and drop type setup. I am now wondering if the bulkhead can handle the pressure from the 55 gallons of saltwater pushing down on it. Has anyone tried this before? Not the kind of mistake I want to make.

Thanks,
JOe
 
Go for it. Real common design. The bulkhead will handle it.
 
I did the same thing. RODI in a can on a platform and then my mix bin was on wheels below. Just a simple valve with a 90 on it to dump into the lower bin to mix.
 
I did the same thing. RODI in a can on a platform and then my mix bin was on wheels below. Just a simple valve with a 90 on it to dump into the lower bin to mix.
thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new