Water mixing station question

TodaysTrolling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wondering if the following morning are safe for a water mixing station. Cheaper than the brutes so was just curious.

AmazonCommercial 32 Gallon Heavy Duty Round Trash/Garbage Can, Grey, 2-pack https://a.co/d/48yqaL2

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like a rebranded brute
Definatly not rebranded brute. They don't have vertical reinforcements (for lack of a better word) that the brute has. If they hold water ok when full and are food grade they should be fine. Heck it's amazon if they don't work out you have free returns so nothing to loose by trying them out. Looks. Like the lids are an additional $26 but still cheaper than the brute brand Screenshot_20220610-133839_Home Depot.jpg

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definatly not rebranded brute. They don't have vertical reinforcements (for lack of a better word) that the brute has. If they hold water ok when full and are food grade they should be fine. Heck it's amazon if they don't work out you have free returns so nothing to loose by trying them out. Looks. Like the lids are an additional $26 but still cheaper than the brute brand Screenshot_20220610-133839_Home Depot.jpg
Those are actually not reinforcement they are to release suction when multiple are stacked together. What you need to watch is some of the cheaper cans have a small drain hole in the very center of the bottom, you can always silicone the hole though.
But as said you can always try if they don't work just return them.

OP
OP
T

TodaysTrolling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got two. Ones filled up with water. Super smooth on the rollers. More concerned about any leaching from the can.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back