Water Pump for bow front 30 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter dandushe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dandushe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2023
Messages
67
Reaction score
13
Location
Hollywood
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to everyone! I am new to the hobby, I have a 30 gallon bow front tank and still setting it up...I purchased a huge 800 gph water pump which said it was adjustable, but seems to be blasting too much water. I want to know if it's a necessity (I know it's best to have) and what is the smallest sized one I can get away with, plus the placement since it's a bow front. Thanks!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

i presume you are speaking about a "wavemaker" pump that is supposed to move the water around in the tank and keep it from getting stagnant.

I have not used these pumps but check out Jebao Sine Wave Maker Pump SLW-10

I have a slw-30 and it is tame.
 
I am talkig about a submersible water pump...okay, I'll check it out thank you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new