Water Questions

cccharliecc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a couple questions I'm curious about and wondering what the consensus is here:

1. RO/DI Waste Water
What are some things people do with the waste water from their RO/DI when making water?

2. Water Change Water
Where do you guys dump your water from your tank when you do water changes? Is it safe to put down the drain if you have a septic?

Pongo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a couple questions I'm curious about and wondering what the consensus is here:

1. RO/DI Waste Water
What are some things people do with the waste water from their RO/DI when making water?

Attached to a soaker hose to water the yard and flower bed.

2. Water Change Water
Where do you guys dump your water from your tank when you do water changes? Is it safe to put down the drain if you have a septic?

I have a pump in my sump controlled by my Apex that is plumbed to the kitchen sink drain.
BUT, I don't think you should dump salt water into a septic tank, you'll probably kill the beneficial bacteria.

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't save the Wastewater and water change water goes down into the septic no problems

GobyWanKenobie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wastewater goes outside into a rain barrel. I have also used it in the washing machine, but it's inconvenient.

Old change water is difficult. I was also told it's bad for the septic tank so I take it outside in the summer. It's a great weed killer. In the winter, it still goes down the drain. It's the best compromise I can make.

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wastewater goes outside into a rain barrel. I have also used it in the washing machine, but it's inconvenient.

Old change water is difficult. I was also told it's bad for the septic tank so I take it outside in the summer. It's a great weed killer. In the winter, it still goes down the drain. It's the best compromise I can make.
I tried the washing machine thing one time. Of course I forgot about it it overflowed had to bail out the washing machine so I could use it. It would work if you used a stand and a barrel and you could gravity feed it quickly into the machine.

GobyWanKenobie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I've flooded the basement many times. Now I wear an ugly bracelet on my wrist, and I set a timer to remind me that the water is running. The bracelet is in case I leave the house before the timer goes off.

OP
OP
C

cccharliecc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha....that is funny. I've done that too....forgot the RO/Di was running....left the house for work.
Come home....water all over....freak out, grab wife's towels, get in trouble for that on top of it all.... :)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back