Water readings all off and dont know what caused

Trooper182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm currently correcting imbalances in my tank. Before xmas I did a full water test and my tank was out of balance from the month before. Ca-310, Mg-1110, PO4-0, Alk 15.1, NO2- 1.11. Everything else was fine. I have started dosing BRS 2 part and I have lowered alk to 9, raised Ca to 400, Mg to 1280. Phosphate I'm having issues using my Salifert testers registering anything. I have a hanna ulr tester coming this week and depending on what it says will correct from there. Nitrates have remained the same despite increased feedings. Should I be worried? Last thing I want is denos popping up. My tank is a 75g and I do 20% water changes every 3 weeks using reef crystals. Only have 2 gsp frags, a duncan and a zoa frag along with fish and cuc.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm currently correcting imbalances in my tank. Before xmas I did a full water test and my tank was out of balance from the month before. Ca-310, Mg-1110, PO4-0, Alk 15.1, NO2- 1.11. Everything else was fine. I have started dosing BRS 2 part and I have lowered alk to 9, raised Ca to 400, Mg to 1280. Phosphate I'm having issues using my Salifert testers registering anything. I have a hanna ulr tester coming this week and depending on what it says will correct from there. Nitrates have remained the same despite increased feedings. Should I be worried? Last thing I want is denos popping up. My tank is a 75g and I do 20% water changes every 3 weeks using reef crystals. Only have 2 gsp frags, a duncan and a zoa frag along with fish and cuc.
Your parameters aren’t that far off. You could dose phosphate if you are worried about dinoflagellates.

Upvote 0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back