Water/sand help/suggestions

sheldon1451

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently removed all of the rock in my 35 gal tank and replaced it with other live rock. I was continually battling brown algae, bubble algae, etc, etc. Regardless of what I did.
That was less than a week ago. I re-used sbout 2/3rds of the water and replaced 10 gals with new.
My water parameters now are:
Magnesium 1275
Calcium 445
Alkalinity 14.7
Nitrate 3 ppm
Phosphate 0.20
:squigglemouth:
Currently running a protein skimmer and phosguard. I will do a 5 gal change today or tomorrow.
Looking for suggestions to get my parameters in check!
I should add that i probably should have removed my sand at the same time but didn't. There's still a lot of c**p in it and I'm thinking about siphoning it out.
Right now i only have 2 fish and some acro's, a couple of torches and white tipped star polyps, galaxia.....not too much else.
Thanks in advance!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new