OP
OP
E

Erasmus Crowley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may suggest reading from page one, you expended a tremendous amount of energy trying to differentiate its function and purpose. If you hadn’t this thread would be one page. :)

The 'function and purpose' is in the title of the thread. It expands the volume of water. How could I possibly have been any clearer?

I spent "a tremendous amount of energy" responding to questions that people asked me about specific choices I made, and addressing specific concerns that were raised.

You are certainly a rather combative unit. It makes conversations and helping hard. If you run off all of the help you will have to build the Erasmus Neon Cistern and Bar all on your own. I am sure you will get it sorted out though.

As well, I am not sure how you expect to keep firing off wisecrack remarks and not elicit a response?
As I said before quite clearly. I don't want help. I want(ed) discussions.

Rather than beg for your charitable gift of 'help', I would rather understand exactly what it was that you wanted from me? Why did this happen? I'm completely in the dark here.

You aren't upset about the "Erasmus Tank" thing that someone else said.
You aren't upset about "reservoir", or "cistern", even though you whined about what I was calling it A LOT.
I seriously have no clue how I could possibly have been more obvious about the fact that I was wanting to expand the volume of water in my system. So it's not like I ever tried to obfuscate the purpose here.

So what the heck man?

Is it because you think I wasn't grateful enough to the people that commented? I shouldn't have offered any pushback on their suggestions? Would it have mad you happy if I had been more humble?

Please explain this to me like I'm a child, because I don't get it at all.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use fewer words
be less combative
calm the imagination
build your cistern
enjoy your aquarium

OP
OP
E

Erasmus Crowley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use fewer words
be less combative
calm the imagination
build your cistern
enjoy your aquarium
I wasn't as combative with anyone except you, and it was in response to your attitude which confused the hell out of me (and still is confusing me).

None of that helps explain why you came at me like you did? You ruined my thread, and stressed me out. Nobody is going to wade through all that garbage that we've been typing and still want to talk about ideas. They're either going to white knight for me out of pity, or join the dogpile on me. This thread is dead, and I have no idea why it happened or what I could have done differently.

Will you help me understand what happened?

And what does "calm your imagination" mean? Stop being creative? Stop sharing ideas? I'll never do that.

OP
OP
E

Erasmus Crowley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that there are a bunch of people with buckets of popcorn watching this thread. The view count is ridiculous.

Can anyone explain to me what I said or did that pulled BeanAnimal's trigger?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My trigger is not pulled and I have not come after you. I have attempted to have a conversation with you but you keep finding ways to derail it.

You wanted to know how we got here and I suggested you start at page one.

TLDR? You miss a whole lot of context because you are consumed with being right or defending imagined attacks. It makes for frustrating conversation that can’t move forward.

My advice was to be less combative, stop trying so hard to defend yourself from imagined attacks and use fewer words. Conversations (your stated goal) will be so much easier. Build your cistern and enjoy your aquarium.

Last edited:

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what does "calm your imagination" mean? Stop being creative? Stop sharing ideas? I'll never do ththat

Lol...that is not what they meant by that. As Bean already said, goodluck and enjoy your aquarium.

OP
OP
E

Erasmus Crowley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My trigger is not pulled and I have not come after you. I have attempted to have a conversation with you but you keep finding ways to derail it.

You wanted to know how we got here and I suggested you start at page one.

My advice was to be less combative, stop trying so hard to defend yourself from imagined attacks and use fewer words. Conversations (your stated goal) will be so much easier. Build your cistern and enjoy your aquarium.
You said you were done earlier, but then you reappeared. I asked you to leave again, and you decided not to, because you had things to say. Remember that? That totally wasn't rude or combative at all. So it's fair for me to have things to say, right?

I did start at page one. I can't figure it out.

Can you sum it up in your own words, or is it that you don't know?
Are you trying to tell me to "figure it out myself" as a way to save face because you have no idea why you acted the way you did?

I don't want your advice. I don't want your help. Stop with the patronizing bullcrap. I want you to explain your behavior like an adult.

OP
OP
E

Erasmus Crowley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TLDR? You miss a whole lot of context because you are consumed with being right or defending imagined attacks. It makes for frustrating conversation that can’t move forward.
You late edited again. So once again, I had to scroll up to find that your post suddenly had more content.

I don't see that at all. To me, it looks like you saw imagined hubris in me and tried to humble me for no reason. You thought that I was "telling people that they were wrong" and "putting effort into differentiating the purpose and function of my idea".

I never did any those things that you continue to accuse me of.

And I didn't differentiate the purpose of my idea at all. To quote myself from page 1...

Really, this is a extra sump. Just a sealed one.

I said that before you ever made your first post in this thread. Isn't that what you kept trying to convince me to say? I already said it before you asked.

I've never wanted to hide the purpose or function that I intended. The purpose is in the thread title. It hasn't changed.

If anyone is tilting at windmills here, it's you. Unless you have a better explanation.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said you were done earlier, but then you reappeared. I asked you to leave again, and you decided not to, because you had things to say. Remember that? That totally wasn't rude or combative at all. So it's fair for me to have things to say, right?

I did start at page one. I can't figure it out.

Can you sum it up in your own words, or is it that you don't know?
Are you trying to tell me to "figure it out myself" as a way to save face because you have no idea why you acted the way you did?

I don't want your advice. I don't want your help. Stop with the patronizing bullcrap. I want you to explain your behavior like an adult.

I have summed it up several times.

My advice is to be less combative, stop trying so hard to defend yourself from imagined attacks and use fewer words. Conversations (your stated goal) will be so much easier. Build your cistern and enjoy your aquarium.

Goodbye and good luck with the tank and the new home. You will get it figured out.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back