OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet build! Sorry to hear about the light...

I am building the same tank - WB 100.3, started in February - i've been covering mine with eggcrate at night and so far the only adventurers have been a couple Nerite's. Im wondering if you like this solution or if you've installed it yet?

Keep up the great work with the build!

I have not installed it yet, been waiting on solution the the lighting issue. Cause if they mount to the tank, I can't build it until I have them to know where to cut out for the lights.

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not installed it yet, been waiting on solution the the lighting issue. Cause if they mount to the tank, I can't build it until I have them to know where to cut out for the lights.
Ah. So true! Didn't think about that.

Thats the main reason I haven't moved on from the eggcrate. Waiting to see where cuts need to be...

doctorfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, starting my Waterbox 100.3 Reef build thread.

Tank/Stand/Sump - All Waterbox
Lights -
Skimmer - RO Classic 152-S
Reactor - Nyos Quantum w/dock
Flow - Icecap 4k Gyre + 2x MP10WQD
Return Pump - Ecotech Vectra S2

Think thats it for now as far as equipment goes, Already got the tank/stand/sump in and qutie abit of the equipment, still waiting on Return Pump/Turbostart/and abit more rock to come in on Wednesday. Going to start mixing water tonight!

Few Pics for your enjoyment.
IMG_0115.jpg
IMG_0116.jpg
IMG_0117.jpg
IMG_0118.jpg
IMG_0127.jpg
IMG_0129.jpg
IMG_0130.jpg
IMG_0131.jpg
IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg
What a nice tank and love the sump equipment. Congratulations.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well haven't tested in a few days, figured I'd better do the testing. Last testing was on the 23rd.

Temp - 77.1
Salinity - 1.024
Ammonia - 0.0
PH - 7.8
Nitrites - 0.5
Nitrates - 20

Honestly figured my Nitrites would have dropped to 0 by now. I have had 0 Ammonia since day 1 with the Bio Spira, have 3 clowns in the tank, 1 of which has been in the awhile, feeding twice a day, Nitrites have held steady at 0.5. Starting to wonder about these test kits.

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well haven't tested in a few days, figured I'd better do the testing. Last testing was on the 23rd.

Temp - 77.1
Salinity - 1.024
Ammonia - 0.0
PH - 7.8
Nitrites - 0.5
Nitrates - 20

Honestly figured my Nitrites would have dropped to 0 by now. I have had 0 Ammonia since day 1 with the Bio Spira, have 3 clowns in the tank, 1 of which has been in the awhile, feeding twice a day, Nitrites have held steady at 0.5. Starting to wonder about these test kits.
Which kit are you using? I used RS and it took about 5-7 days with ammonia source before it was clearly reading zero (clear vs some shade of light pink). I started with Fritz Turbostart 900 and Dr. Tims One and Only - used both for more biodiversity. Could be the test kit is just reading false positive....

Now, I have 6 fish. Zero ammonia (RS and Seneye), zero nitrite (RS), 3 ppm nitrate (RS). Added four fish last week and never really saw any change in nitrite/nitrate levels.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which kit are you using? I used RS and it took about 5-7 days with ammonia source before it was clearly reading zero (clear vs some shade of light pink). I started with Fritz Turbostart 900 and Dr. Tims One and Only - used both for more biodiversity. Could be the test kit is just reading false positive....

Now, I have 6 fish. Zero ammonia (RS and Seneye), zero nitrite (RS), 3 ppm nitrate (RS). Added four fish last week and never really saw any change in nitrite/nitrate levels.
I'm using Red Sea Master Kit.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah! Wow. Thats gotta be a kit error. Even without the additional bacteria, I'd think you'd be in the clear by now?

3 fish right? 2 added recently? Maybe it hasn't caught up to the most recent additions?
No idea, can't figure it out. I mean it isn't harming the fish so it isn't a big deal, but I also figured it'd be at 0 by now

Cmooreinor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, found a deal for 2 radion xr15 pro's gen 4. with diffusers, hopefully get here monday.

I run 2 XR15s on my 100.3 as well. I paired them with an aquatic life t5 hybrid fixture. It’s a pretty solid lighting setup. Love seeing what people are doing with their 100.3. I look forward to seeing your progress.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 XR15s on my 100.3 as well. I paired them with an aquatic life t5 hybrid fixture. It’s a pretty solid lighting setup. Love seeing what people are doing with their 100.3. I look forward to seeing your progress.
Thanks! I hopefully get them Monday. Hopefully as in I hope its not a box of rocks lol

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well finally decided to test full range, had wanted to wait until I fed "Steve the Clown" which I did yesterday with some brine shrimp, which he enjoyed. Was nice to see him immediately eat without hesititation. I didn't feed him the first day he came, just wanted to let him chill. Plan on feeding him every other day, 1 day brine shrimp, second day, these fancy loaded high end pellets that James @EpicAquaria recommended. When he gets abit bigger I'll start adding in Mysis, James said he's abit to small right now and I agree. Still gettting his proteins off the brine for now. Let him grow up abit.

The tests - Disclaimer First time I've tested full range. However I've been testing Ammonia since the day I added Bio-Spira and Live Rock. I also have a Seachem Ammonia Badge in the DT right now, along with testing with Red Sea Ammonia Test as well.

I've put a "range" on these results as to be honest I hate color matching and don't feel like I ever get a "clear" result. BIG reason I've got Hanna Checker kit for when I start testing Alk/Calc/Phosphates.
PH Test - 7.8-8.0
Nitrite Test - 0.2
Nitrate Test - 2
Ammonia Test - 0.0 According to Seachem Badge - 0.0-0.2 according to Red Sea Ammonia Test.

I've been keeping a log of everything I'm doing to the tank. Forcing myself to write it down so if something bad happens or changes within the tank, I can reference what I did wrong LOL.
IMG_0197.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg
I use the Marine Box app and the AquaPlanner app to record my progress. With both of them you can keep track of water tests, water changes, dosing, inhabitants and more. Both free apps Are good compared to the expensive apps that charge a monthly fee.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back