Waterbox 130.4 Macroalgae Display

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I source algae that won't be eaten by tangs like halimeda?
I am struggling with hair algae at the moment my yellow tang isn't eating it although it has only been in my tank a week.

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is what I've been up to...

01sXW7Qh.jpg

mXW7YwDh.jpg

I've attached an Elos 70 to my Waterbox 130.4, the reason for this was to have additional water volume in order to increase feeding. I'm in the process of transferring most of my algae into the Elos and will be making the 130.4 into a full blown NPS Tank!

I've also installed a Bio-Pellet reactor along with a GFO Reactor in order to combat rising nitrate and phosphates.

My Phosphate is sitting at 0.13 right now along with Nitrate hovering above 20ppm.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is what I've been up to...

01sXW7Qh.jpg

mXW7YwDh.jpg

I've attached an Elos 70 to my Waterbox 130.4, the reason for this was to have additional water volume in order to increase feeding. I'm in the process of transferring most of my algae into the Elos and will be making the 130.4 into a full blown NPS Tank!

I've also installed a Bio-Pellet reactor along with a GFO Reactor in order to combat rising nitrate and phosphates.

My Phosphate is sitting at 0.13 right now along with Nitrate hovering above 20ppm.
Absolutely gorgeous!!! Are those new reefi lights?

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this thread and just want to say that this is the coolest, most amazing beautiful tank!! You have dome an outstanding job! If I had a tank like this, I would never get anything done, cause I would have my chair pulled up to the tank with my magnifying glass in hand ALL day long!
Life is simply amazing, and you have an amazing small piece in your world!! Thanks for sharing!
I'm curious how hard it is to take care of, and what your maintenance is on this, and also the equipment you have.

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!!

So I've decided to start a new thread to highlight the new path that Ive decided to take this tank.

Ive separated most of the algae into the Elos tank and have dedicated the main waterbox tank to be an NPS tank.

Please check it out!

Back