Waterbox 130.4 Refugium

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey everyone...

Just got my waterbox in yesterday and I want to convert the ato in the sump to a Refugium...

I saw another member on here use a t fitting on the return line to tie in a gate valve that feeds into the ato to allow it to spill over into the skimmer and return chambers.

My question is what size t fitting will I need to get to tie into the return line. Here is a pic for reference

PookieGV

View Badges
Reaction score
I don’t know the answer to your question, but that looks like a great set up. I have the same tank, this makes me regret going with the return pump i chose and no manifold. I may feed a Fuge their with a maxi jet.

OP
onetootreefor

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
OP
onetootreefor

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello, I bought the 70.3 water box aquarium and I too am looking for a way to tie in a refugium. I am very confused on how to go about doing this?
If you have a new one with the new plumbing your return line should have a ¼” threaded out put on the t going up to the tank. You can just tie in 1/4” pvc from there to where you want to run the Refugium.

AlexKintner

View Badges
Reaction score
If you have a new one with the new plumbing your return line should have a ¼” threaded out put on the t going up to the tank. You can just tie in 1/4” pvc from there to where you want to run the Refugium.
Is anyone here doing this with refugium in the ATO chamber? Giving this some consideration, but I worry that the overflow from ATO would be noisy.

MountProspectReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
So, you added a separate tank for the refugium and it fits in the cabinet? Is there a specific one you went with? A brand or a link to it?

Is Reef Conservation/Stewardship a factor in your hobby decisions? (private poll)

• Very Important

Votes: 183 55.6%
  • Somewhat Imporatant

Votes: 105 31.9%
  • Not Too Important

Votes: 28 8.5%
  • Not Important At All

Votes: 13 4.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Use pumps from different brands TOGETHER!