Waterbox 130.4 Refugium

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone...

Just got my waterbox in yesterday and I want to convert the ato in the sump to a Refugium...

I saw another member on here use a t fitting on the return line to tie in a gate valve that feeds into the ato to allow it to spill over into the skimmer and return chambers.

My question is what size t fitting will I need to get to tie into the return line. Here is a pic for reference
e0c406280cdc95816657d8ef7f51470d.jpg

PookieGV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know the answer to your question, but that looks like a great set up. I have the same tank, this makes me regret going with the return pump i chose and no manifold. I may feed a Fuge their with a maxi jet.

OP
OP
onetootreefor

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Brian Coble

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip! I found out the new waterbox plumbing is sent out with a t on the return line that includes a standard ½” threaded output!
d9e77c0efada5c720daf6227d611f641.jpg
Hello, I bought the 70.3 water box aquarium and I too am looking for a way to tie in a refugium. I am very confused on how to go about doing this?

OP
OP
onetootreefor

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I bought the 70.3 water box aquarium and I too am looking for a way to tie in a refugium. I am very confused on how to go about doing this?

If you have a new one with the new plumbing your return line should have a ¼” threaded out put on the t going up to the tank. You can just tie in 1/4” pvc from there to where you want to run the Refugium.

AlexKintner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a new one with the new plumbing your return line should have a ¼” threaded out put on the t going up to the tank. You can just tie in 1/4” pvc from there to where you want to run the Refugium.

Is anyone here doing this with refugium in the ATO chamber? Giving this some consideration, but I worry that the overflow from ATO would be noisy.

MountProspectReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, you added a separate tank for the refugium and it fits in the cabinet? Is there a specific one you went with? A brand or a link to it?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.7%
Back