Waterbox 165.4 Infinia Build Thread

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

After being out of the hobby for three years, I am back and super excited to get started on my newest tank. After I moved, I had to wait to decide what I wanted to build and the Waterbox offerings that started coming around looked very appealing. I really wanted a metal stand either steel, 80/20, or other. This is what attracted me to the Infinia offerings.

As of right now, the tank will be here on monday, drop shipped from fedex. The order is showing 956 lbs!! Those must be some very heavy duty shipping crates that they are being shipped in, since it seems the tank is around 270-290 lbs and the stand a similar weight. Super excited.
I am a-little disappointed the images show the tank with screens all over BRS..... and they are not included. Kind of annoying that they dont even display an image without it! Oh well, if anyone has recommendations on what to use, let me know!

I will not be building the scape myself this time around either, I am local to a cool upcoming company called ChandlerRocks. He creates awesome aquascapes with dry rock, and will be building one in the next few weeks for me. Check his facebook out if you get a chance.

Later today I will be adding some images of the gear Ive acquired so far (Ecotech incoming...)

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres some of the equipment I have gathered so far. 2xMP40QD , Vectra S2, RMS mount for future lights :), Bubble Magus Curve 7!!

Attachments

• IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2432.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_2433.jpg
    IMG_2433.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2434.jpg
    IMG_2434.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 190
OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So heres the next part of my build. I did have a somewhat setup like this at my apartment, but now being in a full house I can use my spare bathroom for an under the stink setup (with wifes permission of course lol)

So today I installed the john guest valve, and am ordering the pipe clamp drain tonight so I only need to worry about moving around the production line! This will be so nice, so I can let the bucket in the shower and let the bucket fill to its hearts content!

I also am ordering a new BRS 5 stage RODI kit. My old one seems to be leaky and is about 8 years old now, so its probably best I just get a new one for the new setup. I also hav e only used a hand held TDS meter, so I am excited to be able to use a inline one this time around!

Attachments

• IMG_2441.jpg
    IMG_2441.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2442.jpg
    IMG_2442.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 172

scwahoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice so far I have not taken everything off yet to get a good look. The stand and sump look really good. I will be working on it this weekend and can let you know more details.

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice so far I have not taken everything off yet to get a good look. The stand and sump look really good. I will be working on it this weekend and can let you know more details.
Does it seem heavy enough that more than two people are needed to lift the tank?

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final pieces of tech have arrived, two Ecotech XR30 Blues for the tank and a second RMS mount I needed. The Mobius app is pretty good off the bat, not as easy as the AI lights interface is but I am sure with some practice I will get used to it. The heat that comes off them is insane too! They are very nice looking lights. Super excited to get my tank on monday and get them put on!

Attachments

• IMG_2518.jpg
    IMG_2518.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 263
OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, looks like I will be screwed by FedEx for the 100th time. Luckily I do get to work from home sometimes and I do not have to take off for todays shipment, but like other users have said FedEx is the WORST and they almost never get me a package when they say they are

Why do they not just tell the truth and say we cannot deliver because we are busy? I am within 20 minutes of the facility, and there is not weather problems. Past few days have been sunny, as well as blue bird skies today. Sigh, oh well. I can tinker with all the toys I have and make sure my setup is going to work well!

Shipment exceptionWeather - Delay in transit

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Confirmed screwed but actually not by FedEx!

Waterbox supposedly "sent the wrong color stand" and the new one says its arriving on Thursday. I am doubtful it will all work out, but I was shocked before with this terrible new age of shipping since covid.

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, so far everything is going great! Got the tank inside, (was heavier than I expected! Took three people to get it in, but it was WELL worth it. This tank is LEAGUES above the red sea offerings and I am thoroughly impressed so far. The stand is very nice as well, and comes in very good shape. The sump does come baked into the stand so to speak so that might be hard for some people to get around, but to me its a beautiful stand. Attached is pictures when i first got the tank in!

Attachments

• IMG_2820.jpg
    IMG_2820.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 341
OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the tank setup with the lights, and everything in the sump mocked up. I have to change how the return line is setup and figure out the best way to attach the tubing.

Attachments

• IMG_2833.jpg
    IMG_2833.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 354
OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting looks great to me. Now I am working on getting a stock list together, I am not sure where is best to buy all of my fish, but my plan is to buy in bulk instead of trickling the fish in

swallace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im currently struggling between the Infinia 215.5 and the Red Sea xxl 750 - Really leaning toward the Infinia for the build quality but I prefer the dimensions of the Red Sea. Really wish I could see them in person side by side. Looking forward to watching your build progress.

Chlorinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, so far everything is going great! Got the tank inside, (was heavier than I expected! Took three people to get it in, but it was WELL worth it. This tank is LEAGUES above the red sea offerings and I am thoroughly impressed so far. The stand is very nice as well, and comes in very good shape. The sump does come baked into the stand so to speak so that might be hard for some people to get around, but to me its a beautiful stand. Attached is pictures when i first got the tank in!
What do you mean "baked" into the stand?

Top_Lids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's this build coming along? Would love to see progress, we've enjoyed working with the new Infinias. They're currently one of the most dimensionally accurate aquariums in the entire hobby :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%

Back