Waterbox 190.4 Custom Installation Options

ReefDreamz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I'm considering purchasing a Reef LX 190.4 due to the overall look and dimensions of the tank and the aluminum constructed stand. However, I want to keep the tank on the first floor of my house and the sump in the basement in a fish room for ease of maintenance. This would obviously require modifying the Waterbox stand base, basically cutting a hole in it for the plumbing. I also wouldn't use the sump that comes with the 190.4 and would use a custom sump instead. For people familiar with the Waterbox aquariums, is this possible? I can't see why not but I could be overlooking something. Also, given my plan to use a custom sump and keep my equipment in the basement, do better options exist for the tank and stand that would offer the same look and quality of the Waterbox?

REEFLX.190.OPEN.jpg

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do Glass cages tank and get a 80/20 stand from someone like Framing Tech. Seeing you aren't using the sump. Then the stand would be ideal to how you want cause you can skin it anyway you like and adjust for your plumbing like that. You could also do an external overflow on the Glass Cages tank, so the plumbing comes out behind the tank instead of into the stand which limits your sump space.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back