Waterbox 20 almost overflowing

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I have the same thing happening in my wb25. It only happens of the filter floss is pretty dirty. I wonder if you don’t cut the floss to the perfect size of the intank basket but a little smaller it might allow more water to pass through when dirty. Just a thought not sure if it will work though

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some vermetid and Sponges in my sump between my intank and wall and sometimes I have to pick up my intank out of the sump and let it drop back in allowing the weight of it to carve a patch back down through any congestion.

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The simplest resolution for me was changing my floss more often. I have honestly started to use the water level as a gauge to how often to change it. About every 4 to 5 days for me.

OP
OP
Matt Miller

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same issue using filter floss in chamber 1 with the mini peninsula. I do not have the intank basket (I have the kraken cup). What is the solution? Should I use the sponges if I can’t run floss? Or is there a way to run floss and not have this issue?

chamber 1 only has floss,
chamber 2 has bio and carbon in bags on the bottom (no basket), heater
Chamber 3 return and ATO sensor
I am pretty sure it's just the floss, maybe it's weaved too tight sometimes. It usually seems to help if I switch out the square I had in there. I haven't had this happen in a while now.

Mark1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If nothing else has changed and it has been working fine. Check for build up in the baffle between chamber one and two and two and three. There is a good chance you have build up in there that may be restricting the flow.

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a new setup and the floss was in there 1 day. I’m considering just saying forget it and not run floss.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back