Waterbox 20 Cube AIO - SPS Dominant; Auto Water Changes

Dav2996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 20 gallon tank I do 5 scoops of kalkwasser stir in 5 gallon jug and dose it with a x1 kamoer dosing pump. Works great and I am even dosing even more alkalinity to boost it because corals are growing mad. Works grade I love the PH boost from kalk. I started with tropic marine all in one then moved to 2 part couldn’t balance it well. Moved on to kalkwasser and used 2 part then found calcium to be really high so now just use kalk and alk. Kalk stays pretty steady. I started with 3 scoops of powder. Slowly increased to 5 scoops of kalk. 1 per gallon as stuff grew. Everything super happy.

Dav2996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This big Clam loves the kalk so much it’s growing crazy toad stool growing massive

Attachments

• IMG_7711.jpeg
    IMG_7711.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 67

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a mistake with the kalk - my pH jumped from 6.4 on Thursday to 7.7 today (+.25/day in 5 days) and I looked at the calculations and realized that I used a tablespoon instead of a teaspoon, oops. Could have been a lot worse but re-made the kalkwasser and hopefully things will level off.
Kalkwasser has a maximum concentration at a certain point (usually 2tsp per gallon). So you don't have to be super exact about how much you mix. I usually mix about 5 gallons at a time and 11 tsp just for fun . What are you dosing with? A continuous doser, like the ecotech versa is the best option as it can run all day long no issue.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back