Waterbox 20 Cube AIO - SPS Dominant; Auto Water Changes

In my 20 gallon tank I do 5 scoops of kalkwasser stir in 5 gallon jug and dose it with a x1 kamoer dosing pump. Works great and I am even dosing even more alkalinity to boost it because corals are growing mad. Works grade I love the PH boost from kalk. I started with tropic marine all in one then moved to 2 part couldn’t balance it well. Moved on to kalkwasser and used 2 part then found calcium to be really high so now just use kalk and alk. Kalk stays pretty steady. I started with 3 scoops of powder. Slowly increased to 5 scoops of kalk. 1 per gallon as stuff grew. Everything super happy.
 
This big Clam loves the kalk so much it’s growing crazy toad stool growing massive
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7711.jpeg
    IMG_7711.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 136
Made a mistake with the kalk - my pH jumped from 6.4 on Thursday to 7.7 today (+.25/day in 5 days) and I looked at the calculations and realized that I used a tablespoon instead of a teaspoon, oops. Could have been a lot worse but re-made the kalkwasser and hopefully things will level off.
Kalkwasser has a maximum concentration at a certain point (usually 2tsp per gallon). So you don't have to be super exact about how much you mix. I usually mix about 5 gallons at a time and 11 tsp just for fun . What are you dosing with? A continuous doser, like the ecotech versa is the best option as it can run all day long no issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new