Waterbox 20 sicce 1.0 return pump noise

lukasgeissler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, first time posting on here!

Just setup my first saltwater aquarium however ran into an issue with the Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 being ridiculously loud (like I could hear it with the door closed in another room). Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this or any really quiet reliable return pumps that will fit the waterbox 20 (needs to be quiet as the tank is in my bedroom), thank you heaps

MikeDesjean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got my WB 20 the store i got it from didnt give me a sicce, they gave me a different off model. It seems to go from being noisy to being quite hear and there but seems to always be a suttle drone in the backround.

I also have a smaller tank (10g) with tidal 35 HOB which has sicce pump and it does the same thing.

there is a thread on here somewhere where someone reccommended a Tunze 1073. which when i upgrade I will be highly considering.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might have air stuck in the pump itself or air in the Discharge Tube. Try tipping the pump, while it’s running. My SICCE was vibrating against the glass, in the tight back compartment in my Oceanic. I wrapped some Double Faced Velcro around it to quiet it.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might have air stuck in the pump itself or air in the Discharge Tube. Try tipping the pump, while it’s running. My SICCE was vibrating against the glass, in the tight back compartment in my Oceanic. I wrapped some Double Faced Velcro around it to quiet it.
+1 on air or that the pump body may be touching the tank or another piece of equipment. Only other idea is faulty pump or missing the rubber feet or suction cups.
It may also be worth noting, I do love Sicce pumps, but the 'Syncra Silent' models do still have a faint hum to them.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back