Waterbox 20

mk_reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy with how my Waterbox 20 is coming along.

I started this tank in 21 of August from little SPS frags and a macro algae reactor. Simple old Ai prime to which I then added custom 7" bar lights to. I ran that for about 5 months with exceptional growth and then upgraded to a gently used hydra 52 hd.

I used to have a bunch of eyuphilla and other corals but learned the hard way about nutrients and the power a cheato in a reactor.

Anyways the hundreds of dollars thrown down the drain and learning from my mistakes SPS being the only corals that survived, I kept pushing on.

Equipment:

Chamber 1:

•First ever AIO automatic filter roller picked up off of reefnrolls.com

Chamber 2:

•Jebao 1500 sine DC 400gph pump
•Aquamaxx fr-se gfo reactor converted to a macro reactor
•filter cup and return line from reactor into rox carbon, rowaphos (whatever I need) ECT.
•Marine pure gems in a media bag (70 gal rated)

Chamber 3:

•Eheim 150w heater
•Drop in UV 13w
•Auto aqua ato
•Smallest Mighty Jet DC return pump

Display:

2- Nero 3's
1- alw 10 on the bottom right corner to push detritus into the water column

Dosing and maintenance:

Doser: jebao 3.4 wifi

•All for Reef -24ml per day
•Acro power- by instructions
•ESV nitrates- 1ml every other day

I haven't done a water change since mid December of '22 on this tank. Weekly or bi weekly I go in with a filter sock and a sicce nano two way pump and clean up as much detritus I can and get it into the filter sock, scrape glass and that's it.

Parameters:

•No3 5-10 ppm usually don't like going over 8ppm if I do, I stop dosing nitrate and let the reactor consume it.

•Po4 0.02-0.05 is where I've been tracking for months

•Alk 8.3

•Ca 445

•Salinity 1.025

•Temp 80-81

•PH 8.3-8.5

I'm not going to lie and say I test Mag I don't.

Update stared dosing phosphate, All for reef consumption is 50ML a day in the 20 gallon now. Things are really taking off!
PXL_20230811_183526620.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230811_183503244.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

My Instagram is mk_reefs if you'd like to follow along there. I haven't quite fully figured out how to navigate R2R yet.

IMG_20230309_121733.jpg

PXL_20230507_144001726.MP~2.jpg PXL_20230506_185829426.MP.jpg

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations on the adventure! The tank looks great!!!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I started this tank in 21 of August from little SPS frags and a macro algae reactor. Simple old Ai prime to which I then added custom 7" bar lights to. I ran that for about 5 months with exceptional growth and then upgraded to a gently used hydra 52 hd.

I used to have a bunch of eyuphilla and other corals but learned the hard way about nutrients and the power a cheato in a reactor.

Anyways the hundreds of dollars thrown down the drain and learning from my mistakes SPS being the only corals that survived, I kept pushing on.

Equipment:

Chamber 1:

Chamber 2:

•filter cup and return line from reactor into rox carbon, rowaphos (whatever I need) ECT.

Chamber 3:

•Eheim 150w heater
•Drop in UV 13w
•Auto aqua ato

Display:

2- Nero 3's

Dosing and maintenance:

I haven't done a water change since mid December of '22 on this tank. Weekly or bi weekly I go in with a filter sock and a sicce nano two way pump and clean up as much detritus I can and get it into the filter sock, scrape glass and that's it.

Parameters:

•No3 5-10 ppm usually don't like going over 8ppm if I do, I stop dosing nitrate and let the reactor consume it.

•Alk 8.3

•Ca 445

•Salinity 1.025

•Temp 80-81

•PH 8.3-8.5

My Instagram is mk_reefs if you'd like to follow along there. I haven't quite fully figured out how to navigate R2R yet.

IMG_20230309_121733.jpg

Some great looking coral in your tank!!!

Benetisreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks fantastic! About to start my waterbox pen25 build I'll definitely be taking inspiration from your set up. Just wondering if you could details your process of using the filter socks and pump to clear detritus? Thanks in advance

OP
OP
M

mk_reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks fantastic! About to start my waterbox pen25 build I'll definitely be taking inspiration from your set up. Just wondering if you could details your process of using the filter socks and pump to clear detritus? Thanks in advance
I just clip a 4 inch filter sock inside the tank and using the sicce nano pump I attach a hose on the end and place the pump in the sock so the debris traps in there.

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mate, tank looks awesome!! A question abt your filter roller, I’ve been looking to install one but I removed the little rails where the sock holder goes that the roller sits on. Is there any way to still add one? Or have I stuffed myself up

OP
OP
M

mk_reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mate, tank looks awesome!! A question abt your filter roller, I’ve been looking to install one but I removed the little rails where the sock holder goes that the roller sits on. Is there any way to still add one? Or have I stuffed myself up
Yes
It clips on the overflow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230711-055346.png
    Screenshot_20230711-055346.png
    727.9 KB · Views: 171

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Equipment:

Chamber 1:

Chamber 2:

Chamber 3:

•Eheim 150w heater
•Drop in UV 13w
•Auto aqua ato

Display:

2- Nero 3's

Dosing and maintenance:

Parameters:

•Alk 8.3

•Ca 445

•Salinity 1.025

•Temp 80-81

•PH 8.3-8.5

IMG_20230309_121733.jpg

I literally just saw a video on tiktok on this tank lol I was wait this loos familiar .. it looks awesome !

Medicreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Equipment:

Chamber 1:

Chamber 2:

Chamber 3:

•Eheim 150w heater
•Drop in UV 13w
•Auto aqua ato

Display:

2- Nero 3's

Dosing and maintenance:

Parameters:

•Alk 8.3

•Ca 445

•Salinity 1.025

•Temp 80-81

•PH 8.3-8.5

IMG_20230309_121733.jpg

Love your setup! Been a fan on the gram for a while and happy to see this detailed build on R2R❤️

cleverrev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank. I follow you on IG and enjoy your contributions on the FB groups.

Where did you get the sick dosing reservoirs and mounts?

Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
M

mk_reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank…eye candy for sure! Followed on IG as well…is the tank with the overhang rock work still an active tank???
Are you referring to the 10 gallon Waterbox? Floating reef? Or are you talking about the diy 10 gallon drop off I built wayyyy back? I can make a build thread for the 10! Thank you for your kind words!!! Thank you for the follow!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back