Waterbox 220.6 Stock List

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Waterbox 220.6 reef tank that is approaching 1 year old. I am just about at the end of my fish stocking. Here was my current list before grabbing pajama cardinals today:
  • Achilles Tang
  • Hippo Tang
  • Naso Tang
  • Purple Tang
  • Squaretail Bristletooth Tang
  • Foxface - One Spot
  • Two Ocellaris Clownfish
  • Midas Blenny
  • Purple Firefish
  • Springeri Damsel
  • Diamond Goby
  • Disbar Anthias x2 (had three lost one in the beginning due to jumping before I had a lid)
  • Tricolor Wrasse
  • Yellow Coris Wrasse
  • Cleaner Wrasse
Today, I picked up 5 pajama cardinals because I thought the schooling effect would be cool. It is was not as satisfying as I thought it would be. Regretted it immediately especially after realizing there are a couple more wrasse I wanted to grab plus a Mandarin. I am likely going to bring back 3 of them this weekend.

I know I have a heavy bioload that likely isn't typical for this tank, especially because of the amount of tangs I have. They are all growing very nicely and haven't seen any aggression, I will deal with whatever comes if and when it comes.

My question is if I take back a 3 of the cardinals, do you guys think it is too much to add a couple more wrasse and a mandarin?

OP
OP
sanzz18

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention filtration: Regal 200 INT DC Skimmer and refugium is setup with chaeto and marinepure cubes.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic of tank / nutrient levels? Ultimately it’s up to you , if you notice stress / unhappy fish / rising nutrients maybe too much

OP
OP
sanzz18

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic of tank / nutrient levels? Ultimately it’s up to you , if you notice stress / unhappy fish / rising nutrients maybe too much

Nitrates are around 15 and phosphates are around 0.2. I just setup a refugium to export more nutrients until I really start loading up on coral and they help manage some of the nutrients. I definitely do not notice stress or unhappy fish. My nano tang is also already 7" in there. I will keep an eye on him as he continues to grow as well as the other tangs.

Here is my tank before I added the 5 pajamas.

OP
OP
sanzz18

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wanted 2 or 3 more fairy/flasher wrasse, one leopard wrasse, and one mandarin. That would be my end-game fish list. Do you guys think I should return/give away 3 of the 5 pajama cardinals?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.0%
Back