Waterbox 230.6 socking agvice

SaltwaterScotty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please forgive me - this may have been addressed. I have a Waterbox 230.6 with plenty of live rock that's cycling now. My question for you experts is out of these types of fish, what do I introduce first, what works/doesn't for my tank size, any other input.

Clowns
Tangs - specifically powder blue, yellow, any other suggestions.
Wrasses - I love almost all of them
Angels(large and small) flame, emperor, queen - most really
Triggers - but the clown is my favorite and I know they can be a nightmare
Puffers - but I'd like a cuc. I've had luck with porcupines and a cuc before but know it's risky. Smaller would be ok, like a blue spot.

Thank you so much for your help on this!

I want to get it right!
Scott

Cichlid23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I’m assuming this is a fish only tank and not a reef, either way the puffer will make sure of that. First thing that really pops out to me is the clownfish, I wouldn’t do standards with this stocking, maybe consider maroon, clarkii, cinnamon, or just a larger type. Other than that I would also say if you want a yellow add it first or early on because they come in really small.

OP
OP
SaltwaterScotty

SaltwaterScotty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I’m assuming this is a fish only tank and not a reef, either way the puffer will make sure of that. First thing that really pops out to me is the clownfish, I wouldn’t do standards with this stocking, maybe consider maroon, clarkii, cinnamon, or just a larger type. Other than that I would also say if you want a yellow add it first or early on because they come in really small.
Thanks for the reply. Yes it will be FOWLR. I'm open to any type of clown. The yellow tang should go first? Angels last?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice I soon will be stocking a 200275 gallon FOWLR so pretty similar dims.

I am also a huge wrasse fan. have you seen the wrasse mixing charts? if not find them they will help out with mixing of the wrasses. if you want a few of them stay away from the 6 line, scotys, mystery
there are some bigger FOWLR wrasses out there not sure they mix well with other wrasses tho.

I really wanted a porky puffer too. sadly it did not make the cut on the fish list oh well maybe some day. such cool fish.

for the angels my plan is ( why the puffer did not make the list )
one large them emp.
then 4 -5 dwarfs all introduced at one hopefully. this "should cut down on aggression. I would try to do the same for the dwarfs if I where you. that seems to be the way to mix dwarfs all at once and a good #.

I would love the emp. and the queen both get pretty big I would fell more comfortable with a 8' 300 + take for those.

would trigger go after the clowns? IDK not a tiger guy myself.
another options if this if going to be an aggressive FOWLR are the lion fish, I like the dwarfs lions and the fu Manchu .

let us know how it goes!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back