Yooper Reef

Yooper Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some tank updates
added the AI ORBIT and trying to get it dialed in for a wave. The MP10 will be coming outs I’ve just been lazy
I also have a new radion xr15 blue that I will adding when my PARwise comes in
Livestock update- the large black and the large orange were spotted together in an anemone which was the first time they were ever together
IMG_0825.jpeg
IMG_0823.jpeg
IMG_0821.jpeg

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some tank updates
added the AI ORBIT and trying to get it dialed in for a wave. The MP10 will be coming outs I’ve just been lazy
I also have a new radion xr15 blue that I will adding when my PARwise comes in
Livestock update- the large black and the large orange were spotted together in an anemone which was the first time they were ever together
IMG_0825.jpeg
IMG_0823.jpeg
IMG_0821.jpeg
What’s the noise like on the AI orbit? Considering one for my nano

OP
OP
Yooper Reef

Yooper Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the noise like on the AI orbit? Considering one for my nano
Silent till about 50 percent then noticeable amount of noise over the protein skimmer after that. 80% was unbearable and sounded like a grinder turning on and off with pulse mode. I’m sure the sound is less noticeable when constantly on. I’m still trying to get it dialed in for a wave in the tank

OP
OP
Yooper Reef

Yooper Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update. Mounted a Radion xr15 blue g6 today and par tested it. Very disappointing par numbers. My primes were putting out about 250 where the nems liked to sit. XR15 maxed out is only at 150. So I ordered the high intensity lens to see if that helps.

IMG_0885.jpeg
IMG_0884.jpeg

AcanSamDC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update. Mounted a Radion xr15 blue g6 today and par tested it. Very disappointing par numbers. My primes were putting out about 250 where the nems liked to sit. XR15 maxed out is only at 150. So I ordered the high intensity lens to see if that helps.

IMG_0885.jpeg
IMG_0884.jpeg
I have a Red Sea 50 over a 10 gallon nano that is plumbed into my display tank’s sump. Water quality is easy that way but no clue how effective my light is. Never tested PAR. I started with a gorgeous RBTA with a turquoise center and it’s split twice so I’ve got three of these guys roaming around. The tank has a sand bed and I’ve got flower anemones down there. The RBTAs roam around the top part of the glass but usually settle on the back bc there’s no rockwork. Thinking maybe I should add some rock work for them? Other than that they are loving life. I fish out the largest parts of the defrosted rod’s food and hand feed them a few times per week. They are eager eaters. Feels like feeding my dog.

OP
OP
Yooper Reef

Yooper Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swapped out the lens on the xr15 to the high intensity and dialed AB+ down to 65% to get about 200 par on the top of the rocks. Also added a light shade which reduces about 80% of the light scatter
IMG_0903.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 96 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back