WaterBox 6025

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after over 2 years of deliberation I finally decided to downsize the number, and upsize the ... size. Had 4 tanks setup, 2 FW - 2 reefs. Dropping the 90G and 32G cube for the WB 6025.

So far, here is everything I either had and will be moving over or picked up.

Waterbox 6025
2 X AI Hydra 32HD (might be adding a 3rd)
COR 15 pump
IceCap dual Wifi
IceCap 3K gyre
IceCap 2K gyre
IceCap 1K gyre (Only using 2, leaning towards the 1 & 2Ks)
Apex EL
FMM/ATK - w/Leak Detection probe
VDM for Gyre control
RedSea rsk 300
80-100lbs sand
200 lbs rock, mix of shelf, base, life rock, and shapes. (using about 75lbs)
AvastMarine kalk stirrer
BRS dual DI Canister
BRS Deluxe GFO & Carbon Reactor
24V off Apex for under cabinet LEDs, 3 - 12in 48LED
24V off Apex - 12V dual fans
Adaptive Reef Controller Mounting Board
TBD - Biopellet reactor

Nothing like pressure washing all that rock, and ended up with a hitchhiker I wasn't expecting.

Hitcher.jpg RockWash.jpg

OP
OP
Alchameth

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And since I had a bunch of biomedia and sand in the 90 and 32 cube the next bit didn't take long at all. Plumbed up the sump and got to filling. Sadly the RO that is supposed to be 75GPD is clocking in around 35-40GPD cause of lower water pressure. So decided to give a booster a shot and since I tapped my drinking RO and run a line to the DI, figured I'd put good use to my ample under kitchen sink space.

Plumb.jpg SloRO.jpg Boost.jpg

OP
OP
Alchameth

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And finally yesterday I decided enough already. After filling it half way and mixing salt, added some of the sand and rockwork and then set to fill the rest up with the water from the 90G. Went about as expected with messy murky waters.

Murk2.jpg Murk3.jpg MurkyWaters.jpg

OP
OP
Alchameth

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this morning, went to move the corals off the frag rack they were on to start gauging flow, and things are returning to normal. Starting to see critters moving around. Got my redTux urchin and cleaner shrimp moved with the rest of my snails and hermits. Found a few critters checking out their new digs.

CoralsMovDay.jpg Life.jpg LifeEmrgs.jpg

OP
OP
Alchameth

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And from the pictures, everything is a mess so finishing mounting the doors now that most of the equipment is installed, time to put that mounting board to good use.

OP
OP
Alchameth

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So dealing with some cloudy water, everything has had a chance to settle so figure it's just a bacteria bloom. Going to get my UV going tonight when I get a new pump for it. Get up this morning and walk into my living room and notice an odd smell that's coming from the tank. Vaguely ammonia~ish, so I'm like crapola.

Once a week I've been adding the following 1-2 days apart - a 1/4-1/3 of a sheet of Nori - 1/2 of feeding I'd feed the fish for one of their feedings - 1/2 tsp ReefRoids spot feeding the corals which always draws the cleaner shrimps attention. to keep the CUC fed and the bacteria's working.

Check the tank and corals, everything looks good, corals all opening up for the day dancing in the flow. Only ammonia test I have is from an API kit, only thing I test with it aside from PH every now and then to make sure my probe is in check. Anyways I tested it 4 times and honestly cannot say one way or another. Added a little Prime to the tank just in case, but looking around everything seems fine and happy. Even noticed my pod population is recovering and booming again as they are starting to show up on the glass again.

So are my eyes going, anyone see ammonia result on this? It isn't the clear yellow, looks a little cloudy but I can't say if there is a slight tinge of green to this.

PXL_20201002_165545282.jpg

OP
OP
Alchameth

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy time flies... Finally got around to getting things mounted on the board and starting to clean up the rats nest and a few other items that came up.
Picked up a 3rd Hydra 32HD, added the 3Dreefing diffusers which helped with el disco effect and that my couches are 6-8ft away so less light glare when I'm watching TV.
Had to get a little tray for my sump chamber, water level was just a touch too high and it kept flooding my skimmer.

PXL_20201026_235147167.jpg PXL_20201029_190215374.MP.jpg PXL_20201031_231348319.MP.jpg

OP
OP
Alchameth

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Kalkstirrer installed, had some fun with that one. Syphon break didn't break it and the first night it sucked a ton of slurry back into my ATO tank. Was getting .2 fluctuations in PH every time it kicked on so ended up draining the ATO tank and cleaning out the slurry, also added a flow regulator so it can't backwash from the stirrer into the ATO tank.

Got my LED lightstrips mounted under the tank and wired to a 24V on the Apex. Might look into some mag switches and a breakout box... but for now it's tied to my maintenance cycle or I flip the switch.

Some more cable management and more cleanup.

Still have some power cables to clean up, have to flop the Kalkstirrer and skimmer and mount the last 2 doors... but finally almost done.

PXL_20201027_010438695.MP.jpg PXL_20201105_012319796.jpg

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was given a 6025 tank and looking to do the plumbing from scratch. Can anyone help me plz? Have a water box 6025 and no plumbing. Please advise any suggestions regarding what I could or should use to complete the plumbing.

OP
OP
Alchameth

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was given a 6025 tank and looking to do the plumbing from scratch. Can anyone help me plz? Have a water box 6025 and no plumbing. Please advise any suggestions regarding what I could or should use to complete the plumbing.
Try reaching out to them and see if you can buy the plumbing kit from them. You'll pay more this way but if you don't want to measure and cut and glue your own. Their site has manuals that show the pieces, doesn't include measurements though.

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Try reaching out to them and see if you can buy the plumbing kit from them. You'll pay more this way but if you don't want to measure and cut and glue your own. Their site has manuals that show the pieces, doesn't include measurements though.
Ok thank you. I’ll try calling them. I’m hoping they do. And I don’t know why they give such a hard time for parts. I did see they’re diagram but doesn’t help due to metric to standard is driving me nuts a d no one seems to ha e these local.

Back