Waterbox 7 Build

gotem86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a waterbox 7 gallon tank a year ago and am just now getting to setting it up.

I found a great rock from a local reefer, filled with Zoa's, 2 BTA'S, and some hitchhikers. Hitchhikers are mainly micro brittle stars (cool) and a load of bristle worms

It's currently in the tank on a egg crate platform with nothing else in the tank. I plan on going bare bottom here and may also add a good bit of real reef rubble that I have lying around. What do you guys think about adding the rubble in?

Equipment so far is the stock pathetic 50GPH return pump, 25 watt heater on an inkbird temp. controller, and a Kessil A80. I plan on adding a Jebao SLW-10 powerhead (on its way), XP Aqua Duetto ATO, Kessil Spectral Controller, and a single fish with a couple hermits and snails.

For fish, I want something that will be happy in this small tank, attractive, and possibly willing to eat a bristle worm or two. Right now I thinking a neon goby or a Pink Streaked Wrasse. Thoughts on this as well?

C25958CD-CA9D-47DF-BD23-002E5316BFE4.jpeg
8A49E07A-53BA-4381-824E-ECADEC5720A0.jpeg
AE4D78A2-0EDE-40B5-8BE2-8F3D0442DAEB.jpeg

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a waterbox 7 gallon tank a year ago and am just now getting to setting it up.

I found a great rock from a local reefer, filled with Zoa's, 2 BTA'S, and some hitchhikers. Hitchhikers are mainly micro brittle stars (cool) and a load of bristle worms

It's currently in the tank on a egg crate platform with nothing else in the tank. I plan on going bare bottom here and may also add a good bit of real reef rubble that I have lying around. What do you guys think about adding the rubble in?

Equipment so far is the stock pathetic 50GPH return pump, 25 watt heater on an inkbird temp. controller, and a Kessil A80. I plan on adding a Jebao SLW-10 powerhead (on its way), XP Aqua Duetto ATO, Kessil Spectral Controller, and a single fish with a couple hermits and snails.

For fish, I want something that will be happy in this small tank, attractive, and possibly willing to eat a bristle worm or two. Right now I thinking a neon goby or a Pink Streaked Wrasse. Thoughts on this as well?

C25958CD-CA9D-47DF-BD23-002E5316BFE4.jpeg
8A49E07A-53BA-4381-824E-ECADEC5720A0.jpeg
AE4D78A2-0EDE-40B5-8BE2-8F3D0442DAEB.jpeg
Wow, that’s a great looking rock. I wish I knew someone close by that would hook me up with one of those. Nice score.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gobies can be a good choice for a tank like that - good job so far!

OP
OP
G

gotem86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that’s a great looking rock. I wish I knew someone close by that would hook me up with one of those. Nice score.

Thanks, I saw it and knew I had to get it. The pictures that he posted aren't nearly as good/accurate as my pictures. Mine are very close to how it looks in person. I'm kinda surprised that the big coral shops don't sell gardens like this.. Though I imagine they'd be prohibitively expensive.

Gobies can be a good choice for a tank like that - good job so far!

Thanks! I think the neon goby would fit in pretty good on a tank this small. Probably won't touch the bristle worms though.. I may need to throw my Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse in here for a bit and see if he can tackle the worms. If not, I may need to rent an arrow crab or something.

Any thoughts on adding the reef rubble in?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, I saw it and knew I had to get it. The pictures that he posted aren't nearly as good/accurate as my pictures. Mine are very close to how it looks in person. I'm kinda surprised that the big coral shops don't sell gardens like this.. Though I imagine they'd be prohibitively expensive.

Thanks! I think the neon goby would fit in pretty good on a tank this small. Probably won't touch the bristle worms though.. I may need to throw my Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse in here for a bit and see if he can tackle the worms. If not, I may need to rent an arrow crab or something.

Any thoughts on adding the reef rubble in?

Reef rubble is an option, but it can be a place that food, waste, and detritus collects so be prepared to deal with that.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back