Waterbox 70.2 Questions

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at purchasing a 70.2, but I have questions with regard to the available space and whether it can comfortably accommodate my equipment.

1. Will the inside of the stand comfortably house my Neptune Systems Apex, two EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10s and their backup battery?

If you have an Apex or other equipment installed within the stand, do you have photos to share?

2. Is there a need for a small fan or other equipment for ventilation?

3. Does the tank have a leveling mat? I see that there is one for the sump, but I don’t see anything about the tank having one.

4. I have seen some issues regarding quality control and scratches on the glass and stands. Have these instances been mitigated?

5. I have an EcoTech Radion with RMS. Would it be better to use hanging equipment so that I don’t have to cut into the overflow cover?

I will appreciate any help that I can get with my questions. I haven’t seen many posts about this system, so I’m trying to gather as much information as possible so that I can make an informed purchase.

Thank you!

Almondkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nick, I have the platinum 45.2 and the .2 cabinets don’t have the equipment compartment like the 130.4 has (I believe that is the size). I am not a fan of electrical over the sump, the combination of moisture and corrosive dampness stops me from internal mounting. There is a wide opening in the back of the stand so by not having the tank right on the wall you get ventilation. The tanks come with a leveling Matt and the stands are equipped with feet you can adjust to level it as well I have all my Apex behind the tank behind the wall. Hope this helps

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nick, I have the platinum 45.2 and the .2 cabinets don’t have the equipment compartment like the 130.4 has (I believe that is the size). I am not a fan of electrical over the sump, the combination of moisture and corrosive dampness stops me from internal mounting. There is a wide opening in the back of the stand so by not having the tank right on the wall you get ventilation. The tanks come with a leveling Matt and the stands are equipped with feet you can adjust to level it as well I have all my Apex behind the tank behind the wall. Hope this helps

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions! I would rather not house the electrical within the stand, so maybe an IKEA cabinet of some sort to sit near the tank and house my electrical will be best; I’m not able to drill through the walls in the apartment.

Almondkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got my tank I didn’t have any scratches or imperfections in the glass. The only issue was the return pipe was too tall (by a lot) in the overflow box so the return nozzles could not be connected. After careful cutting the return pipe fit like a glove. Love my Waterbox and they have great support

Rufio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Nick, I have recently set up this exact tank without the Neptune system apex. I found that the glass is actually too thick for my mp10 so have had to upgrade to a mp40 with it dialled right down. My tank also came without scratches and was easy to set up with no issues. Although the radion rms doesn't fit with the cover I'm going to cut mine.

Back