waterbox 7x10 inch filter sock replacement?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BryanM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BryanM

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2024
Messages
8,973
Reaction score
11,046
Location
Morgan Hill
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
weird size, surprised I cannot find on amazon. WB wants a mint for them... just curios if someone's found a reasonable replacement.

Bonus, I don't plan on using them forever, but WOW, without them installed the tank is now quite noisy.. Fix?
 
I ran these in my WB 330.7. It says 7 x 14" but they fit fine. They're a little harder to clean than mesh much much easier than felt. Unavailable now but they may have some comparable
Screenshot_20250105-093327.png


I was able to clean those with a garden hose but when it got cold here I I switched to premium aquatics 200 micron mesh socks so I can clean them in my utility tub. They are too long but still work. By work I mean they trap enough to become clogged and overflow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new