Waterbox Announces New Models!

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The waterbox website now says available July 15 for the 170.4/5. When I ordered it the website said June 14. That really blows. I have fish coming out of QT this week that I planned to put in the new aquarium because I thought it would be here this week at the latest. The least they could have done is warn people as soon as they found out they weren't going to make their date. That's a HUGE strike against them in my book.

Richards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The waterbox website now says available July 15 for the 170.4/5. When I ordered it the website said June 14. That really blows. I have fish coming out of QT this week that I planned to put in the new aquarium because I thought it would be here this week at the latest. The least they could have done is warn people as soon as they found out they weren't going to make their date. That's a HUGE strike against them in my book.
Totally agree with you. I've been paying rent at 2 different homes just to keep from killing all my livestock. I've been planning on setting this up before moving my old tank over so the transition could go well. @Waterbox Aquariums do you know when the pro systems will be here?

Christopher Parish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got confirmation from Saltwateraquarium that the delivery to them of 230.6 systems has been pushed back to "early August". Not good news for me! As much as I hate it, I might be canceling and placing with RS.

OP
OP
Waterbox Aquariums

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we have some delays with the Pro and Peninsula models. As much as we hate to push back dates for these new models we had to make some changes with the design of the cabinets and gate valve. These designs bring improvements to the models and we would rather have to delay the arrival than to put out a product we felt needed improvement.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we have some delays with the Pro and Peninsula models. As much as we hate to push back dates for these new models we had to make some changes with the design of the cabinets and gate valve. These designs bring improvements to the models and we would rather have to delay the arrival than to put out a product we felt needed improvement.
So any idea when the 170.4/5 will be shipping to customers?

Richards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When did this become apparent?

Christopher Parish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m glad to see you guys noticed some issues, but notifying of this need after the original delivery date cast some doubt in my mind regarding quality and performance. I might be no farther from the truth, but this purchase is an investment toward the happiness of my four small children and relaxation for me.

I certainly wish WB all the best and certainly hope they make it in the market. However, after weighing the pros and cons, I just feel more comfortable spending my $3k elsewhere.

I’m still going to purchase a WB 20 gallon and set it up as a Q Tank, so I’ll still be a Waterboxer!

Good Luck Guys!
CP

Rukk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 100.3 order originally scheduled to ship June 1st got pushed to June 20th. It arrived today and is sitting in garage. I am out of town and as the timing gods would have it, I won't be back home until tomorrow evening. I think I know what I'm doing this weekend. We'll see how things shake out.

This is the new model.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 100.3 order originally scheduled to ship June 1st got pushed to June 20th. It arrived today and is sitting in garage. I am out of town and as the timing gods would have it, I won't be back home until tomorrow evening. I think I know what I'm doing this weekend. We'll see how things shake out.

This is the new model.
Post some pics!

OP
OP
Waterbox Aquariums

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Early this month we had moved the estimated availability date to July 15th as that is when we received our shipment of cabinets for the Pro models and they were damaged in transit and had to be returned to the factory. The design for the larger models had to be modified a bit as well especially on the Peninsula models. That was delay number one. We have just now had to move estimated arrival date to beginning of August now due to having to redesign the plumbing and gate valve. We hate delays, but stand by our attention to detail and quality. The Pro models are leaving our facility now and have roughly a 20 day transit time to our LA warehouse then we will start to ship out pre-orders. We are aiming to beat our beginning of August estimate and doing everything in our power to speed this process up. We appreciate the patience of everyone who has a pre-order in.

Richards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Early this month we had moved the estimated availability date to July 15th as that is when we received our shipment of cabinets for the Pro models and they were damaged in transit and had to be returned to the factory. The design for the larger models had to be modified a bit as well especially on the Peninsula models. That was delay number one. We have just now had to move estimated arrival date to beginning of August now due to having to redesign the plumbing and gate valve. We hate delays, but stand by our attention to detail and quality. The Pro models are leaving our facility now and have roughly a 20 day transit time to our LA warehouse then we will start to ship out pre-orders. We are aiming to beat our beginning of August estimate and doing everything in our power to speed this process up. We appreciate the patience of everyone who has a pre-order in.
Thank you for the update, and explanation of what happened. Having been in manufacturing and logistics, I understand how these setbacks happen. Hope things run smoother for you.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went on the Waterbox website and looks like they added a few things. I'm not a big fan of check valves, is there a way we can remove this? Will there be any lids available for the sump? Basically everything should be able to have a lid except the skimmer chamber. If this will go on carpet, do you recommend anything underneath the cabinet, like a sheet of plywood, to make adjusting the feet easier and also from the feet digging into the carpet and pad?

I like that you can remove the "Waterbox" badge on the stand for a cleaner look. I'll be keeping mine on but that's a nice feature.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went on the Waterbox website and looks like they added a few things. I'm not a big fan of check valves, is there a way we can remove this? Will there be any lids available for the sump? Basically everything should be able to have a lid except the skimmer chamber. If this will go on carpet, do you recommend anything underneath the cabinet, like a sheet of plywood, to make adjusting the feet easier and also from the feet digging into the carpet and pad?

I like that you can remove the "Waterbox" badge on the stand for a cleaner look. I'll be keeping mine on but that's a nice feature.
@Waterbox Aquariums any suggestions for my questions above?

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Waterbox Aquariums my lfs ran out of waterbox 20s and 15s
they said they are back ordered till September is this true? not available on amazon and the 10 gallon is marked up like crazy..

OP
OP
Waterbox Aquariums

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The check valves are on the larger systems to avoid the error of someone filling their sump too high or pointing their return nozzles too low in the water and having their sump overflow when power shuts off. In the larger systems especially 6ft versions the amount of back drain can be substantial if someone were to point their return nozzles down too low. You could of course change the plumbing on these systems if you chose to. We do not have lids for the sumps at this point in time, most users actually prefer to not have a lid in our experience. Our first version of the Platinum models had a sump lid and most did not like it or utilize it so we have left it off of our systems. You should not need to put anything under the tank no matter if on carpet or hard floor. There are plenty of leveling feet to disperse the weight evenly on the area you place it. I do not see the harm if you wanted to put something under it but not necessary. Hope that answers everything and sorry for the delay in getting back to you on your questions :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back