Waterbox Aquarium

YNRA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

So I'm currently in search of a tank for my first saltwater aquarium. I found someone selling the waterbox tank only, without plumbing or stand. Do you think it would be worth it to purchase the tank and order the stand from Waterbox (Given there's absolutely nothing wrong with the tank)? I'm worried about the plumbing and bulkheads since I can't order the plumbing kit from Waterbox itself. Do you think it shouldn't be a problem just to order bulkheads and plumbing ... and just do it seperately?

Appreciate the advice, thanks!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they are out of Fla. I think plumbing is USA normal stuff. You can make your own stand. If the tank is not too big, you can use furniture for a stand.

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will be fine with just the tank. They make a good product and should you have any concerns or needs the corp office is in Longwood, FL and I have found them to be very responsive.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont need the waterbox plumbing kit, you can just buy some schedule 40 or 80 and fittings and plumb the system yourself. you dont need the waterbox stand either. i personally recommend building an 80/20 (aluminum extrusion) stand. i got a custom stand designed and built by framingtech.com, but they have some pre-designed stands. Since youre buying a used tank, make sure to inspect the silicone and look for bubbles or anything abnormal.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont need the waterbox plumbing kit, you can just buy some schedule 40 or 80 and fittings and plumb the system yourself. you dont need the waterbox stand either. i personally recommend building an 80/20 (aluminum extrusion) stand. i got a custom stand designed and built by framingtech.com, but they have some pre-designed stands. Since youre buying a used tank, make sure to inspect the silicone and look for bubbles or anything abnormal.

Just a word of warning, most of the 80/20 sites are very busy right now if you want to go down that path. I have some framing on order for a light stand I'll be making... I placed the order 12/3, they're not expecting to get it to me until around the 20th of January.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back