Waterbox ATO Help

Zakary2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I've had my waterbox cube 20 for about a month now and I've gotten some new equipment, including an ATO from fzone and an automatic filter fleece roller from Reef Rolls. However, these two pieces of equipment do not seem to be interacting well. The fleece roller uses a water level sensor to detect when water levels get too high in chamber 1 from the fleece clogging and then turns the motor to replace it with clean fleece, which lowers the levels in chamber 1 again and raises the water levels in 2 and 3. However, as chamber 1 fills, chamber 3 gets lower and causes the ATO to activate despite not needing to, which raises the overall water level and causes the filter roller to go nuts until it finally has an error code after wasting multiple feet of fleece. This results in me going through filter rolls way quicker than I should be, and has also resulted in small salinity swings and overfilling the tank a little until the failsafe kicks in. Is there any way to rearrange my setup so that the two both work properly? I have a top down picture to show what the setup currently looks like but it's hard to understand the issue. I'd be willing to remove the ATO, but there are a few times a year when I have to leave for around 2 weeks at a time and my pet sitter is only comfortable feeding the fish, not topping off or changing the fleece.

20230919_163052.jpg

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same filter on my WB25g. The main display level will go higher due to the fleece and you need to lower the ATO sensor in the third chamber a little. Also as a tip, adjust your controller to make micro advances on the fleece, it will last longer.

OP
OP
Z

Zakary2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same filter on my WB25g. The main display level will go higher due to the fleece and you need to lower the ATO sensor in the third chamber a little. Also as a tip, adjust your controller to make micro advances on the fleece, it will last longer.
Thanks for the advice! I'll go ahead and make those changes and let you know if they work.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back