A

arkodios

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the tank?
It’s actually been doing pretty well it has matured so much over the past few months. However, I’ve been in a depression over the past month and I have unfortunately been slacking on progressing with my aquariums. I am in the process of breaking this one down! I need a break from aquariums, eventually I plan on coming back with a REALLY unique 120 gallon build. Once I’m motivated again and have the money.

I will upload a picture of this tank tomorrow when I get the chance

melbournedan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s actually been doing pretty well it has matured so much over the past few months. However, I’ve been in a depression over the past month and I have unfortunately been slacking on progressing with my aquariums. I am in the process of breaking this one down! I need a break from aquariums, eventually I plan on coming back with a REALLY unique 120 gallon build. Once I’m motivated again and have the money.

I will upload a picture of this tank tomorrow when I get the chance
ahhh that’s a shame, ah well, get your mental health right first, the hobby will wait. best of luck.

i saw you had a bunch of different steps you were working towards. what stage did you get upto ?

OP
OP
A

arkodios

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahhh that’s a shame, ah well, get your mental health right first, the hobby will wait. best of luck.

i saw you had a bunch of different steps you were working towards. what stage did you get upto ?
I actually ended up making it all the way through the list. I have a pair of really mature clowns someone donated to my LFS, I was able to get them super cheap. They don’t host in my anemone, though. The tank is packed with corals, which along with the anemone are all doing really well. I never ended up having an ugly phase, the tank has always stayed pretty clean besides some hair algae that grew on the rocks, which I ended up letting stay because it looks a lot more organic. Almost like rock you’d find out in the sea. Pretty sad to see the tank go but I’ve learned so much maintaining it

Jasper05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do like that return pump and how does it fit in the chamber?

OP
OP
A

arkodios

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do like that return pump and how does it fit in the chamber?
I like it a lot, it is very quiet and the flow is good. Easy to clean if it gets clogged. It is a bit bigger than the stock pump so while it does fit well, you may have to cut the silicone tubing maybe half an inch to an inch.

I tore this aquarium down months ago and finally got the will/motivation to restart fishkeeping recently. The tank has been running about 2 weeks now with this pump, it is a macroalgae tank and everything seems to be doing well do far.

Oh, and I never posted pictures of the tank, in case anyone in curious here it was a few weeks before the teardown. As you can see, the flow was good enough for this bubble tip anemone, which never moved from where I placed it:

816D0B9F-517E-4619-AE1F-5F0379BC4C00.jpeg

melbournedan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it a lot, it is very quiet and the flow is good. Easy to clean if it gets clogged. It is a bit bigger than the stock pump so while it does fit well, you may have to cut the silicone tubing maybe half an inch to an inch.

I tore this aquarium down months ago and finally got the will/motivation to restart fishkeeping recently. The tank has been running about 2 weeks now with this pump, it is a macroalgae tank and everything seems to be doing well do far.

Oh, and I never posted pictures of the tank, in case anyone in curious here it was a few weeks before the teardown. As you can see, the flow was good enough for this bubble tip anemone, which never moved from where I placed it:

816D0B9F-517E-4619-AE1F-5F0379BC4C00.jpeg
im using the aquamedic in my 15g, i’ve tried them all, and this is by far the best. pricey but worth it !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back