Waterbox Frag 105.4, getting back into the hobby

hogger555

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been out of the hobby for about 4 years and have finally gotten back into it, and I'm currently on day 9 of my cycle and trying to be patient. I'm planning on doing an SPS dominant tank. What do you guys think?

20201001_203051.jpg 20201001_203057.jpg 20201001_203103.jpg

OP
OP
hogger555

hogger555

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been out of the hobby for about 4 years and have finally gotten back into it, and I'm currently on day 9 of my cycle and trying to be patient. I'm planning on doing an SPS dominant tank. What do you guys think?

20201001_203051.jpg 20201001_203057.jpg 20201001_203103.jpg
Tank Equiment:
Ecotech Radion XR15 Pro G5 ×2
Nyos Quantum 160 Protein Skimmer
Ecotech Versa Doser
MP40 ×2
M2 return pump
300W titanium heater ×2

CaribSea LifeRock
CaribSea Arag-Alive Special Grade Sand
Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, it look good.
I'll check farm supply, any gardening centre, and eBay.
What fish you will introduce? (because you are preparing mesh on top, and isn't needed for every fish in the hobby, and will reduce your light intensity)

OP
OP
hogger555

hogger555

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, it look good.
I'll check farm supply, any gardening centre, and eBay.
What fish you will introduce? (because you are preparing mesh on top, and isn't needed for every fish in the hobby, and will reduce your light intensity)

Thanks! Do you think Tractor Supply would carry it? I'm mainly putting the top on it because I have a 3 year old boy who loves to throw things and just trying to prevent him from throwing toys, balls, etc into the tank.

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Do you think Tractor Supply would carry it? I'm mainly putting the top on it because I have a 3 year old boy who loves to throw things and just trying to prevent him from throwing toys, balls, etc into the tank.
Not sure, but I got your point now.
In that case to be strong enough I'm going to use SS (stainless steel) mesh, friend of mine found in his tank 1kg toy which damage his corals, and the kid is just 4 yrs old.

OP
OP
hogger555

hogger555

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great set up. Waterbox are great tanks.

Thank you! I have been really impressed so far with Waterbox. The shipping process was easy, everything was meticulously packed and protected to, they give you a checklist to go over before the driver leaves, setup was easy, and overall quality of their product is top notch!

OP
OP
hogger555

hogger555

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and I are about at the same point in build and I’ll be doing an all SpS tank as well. ;Joyful

I read through your build thread last night, very impressive! I actually have been wanting to incorporate a refugium in my system and you got my wheels turning. Do you think I could feed a refugium similar to your setup from the tee in the return line that comes stock in the Frag plumbing?

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read through your build thread last night, very impressive! I actually have been wanting to incorporate a refugium in my system and you got my wheels turning. Do you think I could feed a refugium similar to your setup from the tee in the return line that comes stock in the Frag plumbing?
Oh I have to apologize for my poor writing skills then! ;Smuggrin Thank you for putting up with my ranting and hard to follow ideas.
I do believe it can run one no problem. If you build a manifold off of the tee I would highly suggest you use a gate valve as the control. if you’re interested in a similar setup as mine I can send the links of where I got everything.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back