Waterbox Mini Pen 15, 25 or Cube 10 return pump

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did end up adding my Sicce pump for the WB peninsula 15. I can't remember if it's a 1.0 or 1.5, but it is nice and quiet. I removed one of the plastic shrouds and put it in at a bit of an angle. Works.

The stock waterbox pump sounded like there were rocks in the impeller from day one. They should be ashamed to ship such a low quality product with such an expensive tank.

OP
OP
tharbin

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did end up adding my Sicce pump for the WB peninsula 15. I can't remember if it's a 1.0 or 1.5, but it is nice and quiet. I removed one of the plastic shrouds and put it in at a bit of an angle. Works.

The stock waterbox pump sounded like there were rocks in the impeller from day one. They should be ashamed to ship such a low quality product with such an expensive tank.
Probably the 1.0. The 1.5 is physically larger while the 0.5 and 1.0 share the same housing. When I can I'm going to pick up a 1.0 just to have around. They are real quality pumps and, at least by the specs, the 1.0 is a good fit for the small Waterboxes, better than the recommended 0.5s. Go figure...

It just occurred to me that I can cure my main issue with the Sicce by finding some kind of a timer that I can push to turn off the pump for fifteen minutes and then automatically restart it. I tend to forget to restart the pump when feeding is over.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably the 1.0. The 1.5 is physically larger while the 0.5 and 1.0 share the same housing. When I can I'm going to pick up a 1.0 just to have around. They are real quality pumps and, at least by the specs, the 1.0 is a good fit for the small Waterboxes, better than the recommended 0.5s. Go figure...

It just occurred to me that I can cure my main issue with the Sicce by finding some kind of a timer that I can push to turn off the pump for fifteen minutes and then automatically restart it. I tend to forget to restart the pump when feeding is over.
I agree it is probably a 1.0. My LFS was selling it used for $5. I'm starting to REALLY like this LFS. They have an associated maintenance company and they sell all sorts of stuff from tank breakdowns.

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chefcg1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed an aqua medic dc runner 1.3 on my WB 15 mini peninsula. Bought of Amazon.de

came out to $131.67 shipped to North Carolina. It does have a us plug adapter. I had to go to Lowes and buy 1/2” cpvc pipe and 1/2”X1/2” barb to mip and a 1/2” cpvc to 3/4” thread adapter to connect to the outlet hose. Pump fits in without modifications and is dead silent.

OP
OP
tharbin

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed an aqua medic dc runner 1.3 on my WB 15 mini peninsula. Bought of Amazon.de

came out to $131.67 shipped to North Carolina. It does have a us plug adapter. I had to go to Lowes and buy 1/2” cpvc pipe and 1/2”X1/2” barb to mip and a 1/2” cpvc to 3/4” thread adapter to connect to the outlet hose. Pump fits in without modifications and is dead silent.

How do you like the flow? I'm going to need to draw out your connections to make it make sense to me.

I still haven't upgraded from the Sicce 0.5 because I have been able to keep it quiet lately by just moving it a little bit back or forth when it starts to get loud. The Aqua Medic though looks like the best possible pump for the tank and I would like to use my RFG..

Chefcg1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the flow? I'm going to need to draw out your connections to make it make sense to me.

I still haven't upgraded from the Sicce 0.5 because I have been able to keep it quiet lately by just moving it a little bit back or forth when it starts to get loud. The Aqua Medic though looks like the best possible pump for the tank and I would like to use my RFG..
Flow is great, I have it set to 100% so about 315gph. Boy is it quite!
I saved my Lowes receipt so I can give you the pat Numbers if you like

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% in your MP15 tank? That's high for a 15 gallon tank. I run it at 40% in the MP15. If i set it higher the waterlevel in the middle and right backchamber goes down. You don't have that?

OP
OP
tharbin

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love the part numbers. I really want to do this--when I can afford it. Thank you.

Chefcg1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% in your MP15 tank? That's high for a 15 gallon tank. I run it at 40% in the MP15. If i set it higher the waterlevel in the middle and right backchamber goes down. You don't have that?
No problem at all, I don’t run a filter sock but rather the intank filter floss holder.

Chefcg1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Lowes receipt. You will not need the 3/8x1/2 barb. I bought that for another tank. You will also need the pipe primer and glue which i already had on hand. It will be pretty obvious how it goes together and you will need to cut the pipe to length that you need.

Attachments

• F7D4439D-D915-4A16-A908-2CEF8C12A974.jpeg
    F7D4439D-D915-4A16-A908-2CEF8C12A974.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 73
  • C00600F8-C543-475A-B9D9-49B98DEA2870.jpeg
    C00600F8-C543-475A-B9D9-49B98DEA2870.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
tharbin

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Lowes receipt. You will not need the 3/8x1/2 barb. I bought that for another tank. You will also need the pipe primer and glue which i already had on hand. It will be pretty obvious how it goes together and you will need to cut the pipe to length that you need.
Thanks. I know I will be doing this as soon as budget allows.

CenCalReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the pumps and/or recommendations? Im looking for a replacement pump on my IM Nuvo14 Peninsula really like the aqua medic pump reviews on noise but pricey just wondering if its really worth it versus the jebao

OP
OP
tharbin

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the pumps and/or recommendations? Im looking for a replacement pump on my IM Nuvo14 Peninsula really like the aqua medic pump reviews on noise but pricey just wondering if its really worth it versus the jebao
Nothing new from me. I still want to get the Aqua Medic when I can afford it. I know @vins_reef removed their DC1200 from their Waterbox Mini Peninsula 15 because they couldn't get it to run slow enough.

Countryfish47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing new from me. I still want to get the Aqua Medic when I can afford it. I know @vins_reef removed their DC1200 from their Waterbox Mini Peninsula 15 because they couldn't get it to run slow enough.
I just picked up a mini 15 to use as a planted tank and am having issues keeping the water level in display where it should be. Currently mine is sitting at about .5” below water box logo and I have the Sicce .5 hooked up with the vca random flow generator. I took the generator off and it raised water level slightly, but still not as high as I’ve seen in other folks pics. I also swapped out the .5 with the stock pump and I noticed it was very similarly powered. I’m at a loss if I want to upgrade to the Sicce 1.0 just to try to keep more water in the display or if I just should leave it be.

other changes I’ve made include the in “in tank” floss cup and the “in tank” 3 chamber compartment that they make for chamber 2.

Where does your water level sit on your setup? Maybe I’m overthinking it.

OP
OP
tharbin

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a mini 15 to use as a planted tank and am having issues keeping the water level in display where it should be. Currently mine is sitting at about .5” below water box logo and I have the Sicce .5 hooked up with the vca random flow generator. I took the generator off and it raised water level slightly, but still not as high as I’ve seen in other folks pics. I also swapped out the .5 with the stock pump and I noticed it was very similarly powered. I’m at a loss if I want to upgrade to the Sicce 1.0 just to try to keep more water in the display or if I just should leave it be.

other changes I’ve made include the in “in tank” floss cup and the “in tank” 3 chamber compartment that they make for chamber 2.

Your level sounds about right for a stock setup. Mine sits just below the logo but that is because I added an InTank Surface Skimmer and adjusted the display level higher. The only way to get the display higher without adding some kind of a weir gate (like the surface skimmer) is to overfill the sump.

melbournedan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

hey does the pump run against the chamber walls ?

melbournedan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

what chamber is your heater in?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back