Waterbox Mini Penn 15

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking great! I really like that shot polyp goni, has nice centers to it.

Gotta hate losing coral, I've done it many times myself. Several pieces just on this last transfer :oops:

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stock pump came cracked. The faceplate wouldn't stay on. See corner of faceplate. It is quite possible thats why. Definitely worth a check! They sent a replacement the next day.

20201023_150738.jpg

Great video. I am also still waiting for the heaters to come in stock.

Keep us up to date! Since you're ahead of me on set up, I am using your build as a reference for things (like knowing those heaters definitely fit perfectly!).
I emailed waterbox. Mine is cracked in the same spot. Hopefully they’ll send me a new one.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking great! I really like that shot polyp goni, has nice centers to it.

Gotta hate losing coral, I've done it many times myself. Several pieces just on this last transfer :oops:
LOL. Well it’s not that it died.... I seemed to have misplaced it. ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last I checked the Innovative Marine tanks weren't tempered, might want to double check incase they changed that fact but I doubt they have...
They’re not tempered. I double checked with waterbox. It does void the warranty though.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re not tempered. I double checked with waterbox. It does void the warranty though.

Oh I thought you had said earlier they were tempered. And voids the warranty? Well that's unacceptable ;Bored:p

Good to see life in the Peninsula!!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I thought you had said earlier they were tempered. And voids the warranty? Well that's unacceptable ;Bored:p

Good to see life in the Peninsula!!
LOL. I went back and edited. I missed the not. They are not tempered. Safe to drill, but if you do, the warranty is voided.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that's exactly how they died! :) I'm gonna buy a blue flashlight for any future transfers. Yours are in a running tank so hopefully you find them soon
Yeah. I’m sure if I don’t figure out where I put them, they won’t be long for this world.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. The videos are great BTW.
Thanks! I’m still a giant noob. But I have a little more knowledge than I did 2 years ago. So figured this way people can correct what I’m doing wrong and out something out there for people who are where I was 2 years ago. LOL

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So apparently I did not have the Sicce pump. I some how have the manual for it though. No clue where it came from. I swear it was in the box with the pump. The one that came with the tank (that is cracked) won't be in stock for a few weeks. I asked for a replacement just so I can show how much quieter the pump is when it's not cracked. Plus, it's always good to have a backup.

In the meantime, I ordered a Sicce synca silent 0.5 for the tank because the vibration is driving me BANANAS. It should be here next week.

season 7 bananas GIF

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the postings. Turning out beautiful. Following along and ideas. Expecting a mini 25 in a few weeks. Gathering equipment and researching now. Thanks much.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the postings. Turning out beautiful. Following along and ideas. Expecting a mini 25 in a few weeks. Gathering equipment and researching now. Thanks much.
Sweet! That’s exciting! I think they’re beautiful tanks. It’s making me consider the 320 promax that’s coming out in February. If that stand had the wood option, I’d have already put in my preorder. :cool:

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So apparently I did not have the Sicce pump. I some how have the manual for it though. No clue where it came from. I swear it was in the box with the pump. The one that came with the tank (that is cracked) won't be in stock for a few weeks. I asked for a replacement just so I can show how much quieter the pump is when it's not cracked. Plus, it's always good to have a backup.

In the meantime, I ordered a Sicce synca silent 0.5 for the tank because the vibration is driving me BANANAS. It should be here next week.

season 7 bananas GIF
I had a sneaking suspicion that was the case. Haha.

My 0.5 BARELY fits, but it is quiet. Hopefully yours is the same once you get it in!

I also bought a 1.0 that was listed as the exact same dimensions. I may try that out if I ever upgrade to a RFG.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a sneaking suspicion that was the case. Haha.

My 0.5 BARELY fits, but it is quiet. Hopefully yours is the same once you get it in!

I also bought a 1.0 that was listed as the exact same dimensions. I may try that out if I ever upgrade to a RFG.

They told me to get the .5. Can't wait to hear how the larger one works.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really digging that rockwork! I certainly will be referring to your videos when redoing my scape.

Thanks! It sometimes seems silly to record myself, but I know I'm recording things similar to the things I am searching for. Let me know if it helps!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back