Waterbox Mini Penn Questions

cmwalters

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after a couple year hiatus, I couldn’t stay away anymore and had to jump back into the game. A lot has changed since I got out of it and I want some help from y’all. I’m looking to put together a 10-20 nano, likely AIO. Right now, I’m leaning towards the waterbox mini peninsula 15 and likely an AI prime HD. Who has experience with this tank and light combo? Is there anything you would change or another option you wish you’d have gone with? How is the stock return pump?

What is new on the market as far as powerheads? I always ran hydor koralia nanos and never had a problem with them.

My tentative stocking wishlist is a pair of clowns and maybe a pistol shrimp and goby pair. As far as corals: mainly LPS, zoas, and rics. I think the prime may be a little overkill but I like the programming options.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The prime should do well with the type of corals you plan on getting for the tank. If you really want to go over kill then put a Hydra 26/32 over it and then you should have no problems with lighting in the future in case you want to add some SPS.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a prime is the perfect combo with that tank, especially if you don’t plan on keeping any crazy SPS. I’ve never had a Waterbox but they seem just as good as an Innovative Marine tank. You might get slightly more with an IM tank simply because of the return pump. Either way, still a quality tank and fantastic combo

howaboutme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fine combo, same as what I have. Check my build thread (see sig) for info. Should be fine for SPS if you get into them. It's usually not the light but the person behind the light. Ton of variables behind how/why.

I switched up the return pump from the get go. It's a nice tank, good luck!

jopo4343

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The combo is good!!!
I have the same setup paired with a nero 3 powerhead.
Its 5 weeks old and seems to be coming along well. I also have the in tank media rack for it and like that as well.
I also switched up the return pump. I have the kraken reef lid and really like it also.
It is quiet as I was worried about it making to much noise in my bedroom but you can barely hear it!
You will do well with the waterbox 15!!!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back