OP
Kev036

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should think about getting a Reefmat! Very nice build!
I had a thrilling years ago and it was great I will defiantly be adding a Matt of some sort I heard they maybe a waterbed one out soon so I am waiting too see what happens

pbjorlin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Oh wow! I just installed the Reefmat 1200 and it’s by far the best one out there. I’ve tried them all from Deltec to cheap ones by Klir and this one is 100% app controlled for us gear freaks!

OP
OP
Kev036

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow! I just installed the Reefmat 1200 and it’s by far the best one out there. I’ve tried them all from Deltec to cheap ones by Klir and this one is 100% app controlled for us gear freaks!
the Theiling was really basic big and bulky but did a awesome job of clearing up the tank and the rolls lasted ages I remember it took up 90%of the cabinet hight and was a pain in the butt to install. had it sat on a skimmer adjustable platform. not sure how a reef mat would plumb into this sump would take a lot of modification. Klir would be the easiest but from what I have heard its not worth even buying one

pbjorlin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
the Theiling was really basic big and bulky but did a awesome job of clearing up the tank and the rolls lasted ages I remember it took up 90%of the cabinet hight and was a pain in the butt to install. had it sat on a skimmer adjustable platform. not sure how a reef mat would plumb into this sump would take a lot of modification. Klir would be the easiest but from what I have heard its not worth even buying one
Yeah Klir is not recommended anymore personally, the Reefmat is SUPER easy to install if you have 2 hours and get the Reefmat Sump Modification kit. The razor blades are so thin it cuts right through the sock silicone so easily.

OP
OP
Kev036

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Klir is not recommended anymore personally, the Reefmat is SUPER easy to install if you have 2 hours and get the Reefmat Sump Modification kit. The razor blades are so thin it cuts right through the sock silicone so easily.
will defiantly take a look at this thanks for the information

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will defiantly be adding a Matt of some sort I heard they maybe a waterbed one out soon so I am waiting too see what happens
Actually asked Waterbox about this just 2 days ago... and their reply was - at this time they do not plan to change the filter sock system for the REEF LX models.

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well that not good news.
No...

Talk about not caring about your market... or what your market wants.

They even put up a YouTube video a few weeks ago entitled "Why we love filter socks"... because they keep getting so many requests for a filter roller modification to the new Waterbox sumps.

Every comment on YouTube, Facebook, and in the YouTube chat by viewers during the video said they wanted a filter roller - but the two hosts even seemingly mocked some of the comments in the video - it was sort of crazy to watch.

pbjorlin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
No...

They even put up a YouTube video a few weeks ago entitled "Why we love filter socks"... because they keep getting so many requests for a filter roller modification to the new Waterbox sumps.

Every comment on YouTube, Facebook, and in the YouTube chat by viewers during the video said they wanted a filter roller - but the two hosts even seemingly mocked some of the comments in the video - it was sort of crazy to watch.
Yeah they have high quality tanks, but you just have to do a lot of modifications in the sump to fit a mat.

FlowGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No...

My biggest complaint was the sump that came with my waterbox. That is sad that they just ignore their customer's feedback.

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest complaint was the sump that came with my waterbox. That is sad that they just ignore their customer's feedback.
What didn't you like about the sump...?

Not the same quality, attention to detail, as the tank...?

The layout...?

FlowGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What didn't you like about the sump...?

Not the same quality, attention to detail, as the tank...?

The layout...?
It was the layout. I hate filter socks, and at the time I set up the tank I was a fuge only guy for nutrient export. There was no fuge section, just a massive center section for the skimmer. I also didn't like how there was zero sort of accessary capability. No tube holders for dosing tubes, no room for extra live rock, and it was rimless glass, so it was a little scary to work in. So I sold it and bought a Fiji cube sump which is a thousand times better IMO

(ps my tank is a 100.3. I am sure these huge tanks have better sump options then the 100.3)

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everything is going great with the tank!

When you have time, can you tell us how low the waterline is in the tank?

Just wondering how far down the waterline is from the top of the tank - and then how much of the actual clear glass you can see between the waterline and the black silicone...

Thanks! :)

OP
OP
Kev036

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was the layout. I hate filter socks, and at the time I set up the tank I was a fuge only guy for nutrient export. There was no fuge section, just a massive center section for the skimmer. I also didn't like how there was zero sort of accessary capability. No tube holders for dosing tubes, no room for extra live rock, and it was rimless glass, so it was a little scary to work in. So I sold it and bought a Fiji cube sump which is a thousand times better IMO

(ps my tank is a 100.3. I am sure these huge tanks have better sump options then the 100.3)
this sump has a lot of space for a huge I always run a large huge so am happy about that 14"x19.2". its also rimless but it 5/16" thick so is really solid I will post further info on the sump later but I was impressed by the build quality. filter sock am not a fan but I knew they had them going into this

OP
OP
Kev036

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everything is going great with the tank!

When you have time, can you tell us how low the waterline is in the tank?

Just wondering how far down the waterline is from the top of the tank - and then how much of the actual clear glass you can see between the waterline and the black silicone...

Thanks! :)
So you have 1” from water line to bottom of silicone seal for the Euro brace that is around 10mm thick then 10mm glass above the silicone

Attachments

• C8F6FB13-7C13-42E3-BF50-BA81EBCEC6BB.jpeg
    C8F6FB13-7C13-42E3-BF50-BA81EBCEC6BB.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 108
OP
OP
Kev036

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer chamber is a good size reef octo 250 fits nicely. Also fuge chamber is a good size I have it set to the largest setting

Attachments

• 36E45FBF-2E92-4BD0-8490-42227CFA15D4.jpeg
    36E45FBF-2E92-4BD0-8490-42227CFA15D4.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 118
  • B84FB685-3C22-418A-B4CE-27FAF78E2230.jpeg
    B84FB685-3C22-418A-B4CE-27FAF78E2230.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 119

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back