waterbox reef lx 340.7

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting by new tank installed this Thursday a Waterbed LX 340.7, I will try my best to document as we go and going forward. I will include reviews of products to the best of my ability as well as sharing photos and asking for input along the way. thank you in advance let the fun commence.

Equipment list.
Ecotech Radion G6 XR30 Blue I previously had earlier pro models I am going with three for now.
Vortech MP40 again used these previously with a pair of 60's I am stating with 2 for now
Vectra L1 return pump I choses these products as previously I could not fault them working under reef link but will need to see how the new app works.

innovative Marine Helio Heater 500Watt
Reef Octo Regal 300 INT I have never used this brand in Skimmer but everyone raves about them I previously used the Nyos
I will also be running a Aqua UV 57 watt I will be having a lot of tangs and I would not run a tank without one personally open to some opinions on run times.
the tank will be controlled by apex pro I will be adding a DOS to automate water change running 24/7 over a week to complete to keep the stability, also using the apex ATO.

the rock I have gone for CaribSea live rock and Fiji Pink sand.

sump will be run with a large Fuge fish list to follow I will be stocking the tank with a lot of fish. Including tangs so prior warning to the Tang police

The tank will not be running any LPS for the first 12 months if at all

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have loved it in a peninsula setup.
right!!!
I had the RS 650P bit have the IM 200 with 75 sump coming in at some point.
love peninsula tanks. to bad we cant get the 340.7 in it.
oh well I am sure it still going to be epic.
dont envy moving day for you tho. lol

OP
OP
Kev036

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday the tank was meant to be delivered but for reasons outside of my control it has been delayed till Tuesday.

In the meantime I am staring at an empty wall thinking of other problems one being, I am going to put all fish into QT before they enter the tank. My question is how do I do this with several tangs at the same time, I want to introduce them all at same time to display for obvious reasons but I think I am going to have to have 9 QT set up to do this. I assume they will all have to be separate to stop any spread in disease if they have any also to stop them fighting anyone done this before tangs will be Gems, Achilles, blonde Naso, blue and 4 yellows. Would love some input.

OP
OP
Kev036

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone used dr reefs for quarantined fish? apologies I used that magic search bar and found the answers.

Last edited:

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along as this is the same setup (340.7) I am seriously considering...

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be interesting to see if you can get away with using 2 MP40s on this 86.6" L × 29.5" W × 25.6" H, 255 gallon, display tank.

I assume you mean the dual 500W (1000W total) Helio Heater with controller? The total water volume of the 340.7 (minus the 20 gallon ATO reservoir) is 325 gallons.

Will be interesting to see how you plumb the Aqua 57W UV... I am looking at a way to hard plumb it to one of the dual manifolds.

Yikes... that is a lot of Tangs. lol

OP
OP
Kev036

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be interesting to see if you can get away with using 2 MP40s on this 86.6" L × 29.5" W × 25.6" H, 255 gallon, display tank.

I assume you mean the dual 500W (1000W total) Helio Heater with controller? The total water volume of the 340.7 (minus the 20 gallon ATO reservoir) is 325 gallons.

Will be interesting to see how you plumb the Aqua 57W UV... I am looking at a way to hard plumb it to one of the dual manifolds.

Yikes... that is a lot of Tangs. lol
I am going FOWLR first so am hoping I will get away with it if not I will get some more.

correct Dual 500W

Not sure how to plumb it in I will find out tomorrow and post loads of pictures as I go.

I like tangs my last tank was very tang heavy more so than this one . I am also adding a lot of wrasse too. I will publish a full fish list once I get the tank set up.

OP
OP
Kev036

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 2BE681A2-8D85-45DC-87AA-446BB8A21799.jpeg
    2BE681A2-8D85-45DC-87AA-446BB8A21799.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 430

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! :)

Love the scape!

OK, time to start the questions, lol.

How much sand?

How much, and what kind of, rock?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kev036

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thoughts on the Water box the tank is very well built the seams are perfect, the euro brace is really well done nice and thick and looks great also got mesh lids included. The tank its self looks so clean and sharp very impressed. The stand/Cabinet is really solid having a Red Sea tank many yeas ago I would say the quality in product I easy to see Water Box is seemed to have upgraded every item that Red Sea failed to do, three hinges on the doors makes them robust and they don't feel cheap. Best way I can say its like closing a door on a well build high end car compared to a Toyota. I really like the electrical enclosures on each end of the tank enabling the wires and power bricks to be hidden. the frame its self is aluminum so is nice and sturdy the adjustable legs make leveling the system easy and accurate. The Sump seems very spacious 8mm thick so nice and thick. the plumbing has two gate valves to adjust the flow accurately it seems good so far will see how much adjustment is needed going forward. The uv is plumbed in through one of the manifolds leaving me one spare for a reactor in future. The only one part that I think could be improved is the flex hose that the return pump is plumbed to it has a little kink in it but its not effecting the flow I may hard plumb further down the line. but only had the tank in the house a few hours so lets see how it goes

Very nice! :)

Love the scape!

OK, time to start the questions, lol.

How much sand?

How much, and what kind of, rock?

so we used
caribsea Fiji pink 200Lbs
caribsea live rock 140lbs plus a little more I am also going to add one more arch then I am 100% happy with it I will wait for the tank to clear first.

Now the tank is in and the scape is pretty much done I am going to revisit my fish list. I will upload more photos over the next few days and also review the products I have selected. found some of the products I had used previously have changed so much.

Attachments

• IMG_6075.jpeg
    IMG_6075.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 419

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thoughts on the Water box the tank is very well built the seams are perfect, the euro brace is really well done nice and thick and looks great also got mesh lids included. The tank its self looks so clean and sharp very impressed. The stand/Cabinet is really solid having a Red Sea tank many yeas ago I would say the quality in product I easy to see Water Box is seemed to have upgraded every item that Red Sea failed to do, three hinges on the doors makes them robust and they don't feel cheap. Best way I can say its like closing a door on a well build high end car compared to a Toyota. I really like the electrical enclosures on each end of the tank enabling the wires and power bricks to be hidden. the frame its self is aluminum so is nice and sturdy the adjustable legs make leveling the system easy and accurate. The Sump seems very spacious 8mm thick so nice and thick. the plumbing has two gate valves to adjust the flow accurately it seems good so far will see how much adjustment is needed going forward. The uv is plumbed in through one of the manifolds leaving me one spare for a reactor in future. The only one part that I think could be improved is the flex hose that the return pump is plumbed to it has a little kink in it but its not effecting the flow I may hard plumb further down the line. but only had the tank in the house a few hours so lets see how it goes

so we used
caribsea Fiji pink 200Lbs
caribsea live rock 140lbs plus a little more I am also going to add one more arch then I am 100% happy with it I will wait for the tank to clear first.

Now the tank is in and the scape is pretty much done I am going to revisit my fish list. I will upload more photos over the next few days and also review the products I have selected. found some of the products I had used previously have changed so much.
Would love to see how the UV is plumbed using the manifold, etc...

And, looks like more than 140 lbs of rock - very nice...

OP
OP
Kev036

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see how the UV is plumbed using the manifold, etc...

And, looks like more than 140 lbs of rock - very nice...
@salty150 this is how the UV is plumbed in

Attachments

• IMG_6104.jpeg
    IMG_6104.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_6105.jpeg
    IMG_6105.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_6107.jpeg
    IMG_6107.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_6106.jpeg
    IMG_6106.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 316
OP
OP
Kev036

Kev036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank has been running 24hrs now I just calibrated the ph probes nice easy process. the tank is clearing up well I only have one mp40 running but the other three are due in tomorrow. one thing I noticed about the new rations is that the fans have been moved from underneath like they used to be so happy about that no more cleaning salt out from them every week. I can not work out why they had them underneath in the first place.

Aslo in tomorrow is the skimmer can't wait to look at that first time using a skimmer other than the Nyos let's see how good these reef octos are.

Attachments

• IMG_6116.jpeg
    IMG_6116.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_6117.jpeg
    IMG_6117.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 407

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 54 55.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back